Current Version

Hi,
After having used comodo firewall for some time i want to give the AV a go. (V)
I would like to know from where can i download the latest beta and a link to issues with it.
I am suing ZApro right now and would like to know if they work fine together.

Thanks,
LK

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in the Comodo Antivirus solution. Just click here and fill in your name and e-mail, after that your download will begin. After installation restart, then enter your assigned license key (given to you through e-mail).

NOTE: Comodo Antivirus is currently a beta.

thank you,well as for being it a beta,i am quite experienced in that department,having tested the likes KIS,pc-cillin 2006-7.norton IS 2006-7 etc etc

Thats great to hear! Hope you like CAVS

Thanks Justin,

Is this download also the Anti Spyware product integrated with AV?

Hi,

Yes it is, however it isn’t effective on finding spyware (yet) but more definitions are being added, you will see what I mean in the next release (:KWL)

OK, cool

When will we be seeing version 2?

12th of September is the official release date! (fingers crossed :slight_smile: )

Melih

Hi Melih,

Great to hear!!! However will the 2.0 version still be a beta?

on 12th Sept, it will be the release version and not beta.

Melih

Melih, that’s fantastic to hear. Do you have any idea when the beta will be?

Thanks,
Mike

I would say upto 2 weeks before…

Melih

Ok, thanks Melih I’m looking forward to it. (:WIN)

Mike

me too!
It has full application control HIPS :slight_smile: Love it!!!

It means, you simply can’t execute any app, unless in the safelist or you oked it! That’s a nice way of stopping any malware :wink:

Melih

I think I’m gonna love it before I’ve seen it (:LOV) I think CAVS is great alongside CPF and together they will make an unstoppable team. (:KWL)

Mike

I really hope you have an extensive safelist, cause if you don’t, plenty of complains will come in. :slight_smile:

Yours truly,
DoomScythe

(:HUG) My very first wish in the forum comes true. (L) (M)

Well, you are right!
That’s where we are going to rely on our beta testers and Comodo Community to ship us all the files they can :slight_smile:

We are putting in CAVS the ability to identify all the files that Comodo does not have that you might have on your machine and give you the option to ship them to us…
We expect first 3-4 months will be all about building the safelist! But from user’s point of view its the first run that will show these files that are not in the list, as long as they submit them, next run, they won’t have any problem.

We are interested in having the worlds largest safelist and we want to become the authority in issuing certification to developers for their code etc… you’ll see how it all comes together :wink:

Melih

I see now. That was how you are going to leverage on these products to generate revenue. I am glad to hear that. Seriously, I was having doubts (and still have, sorry to say) on how are you going to mantain the free products. But something tells me that I should hang on, that’s why I am in this forum. :wink: I hope your plan will succeed (I seriously do) because if it does, I won’t have to spend any money on securit softwares in the future. ;D

Yours truly,
DoomScythe