ctm "installs" but is never there

ok, now I am getting quite iritated at the moment… I tried to install the latest stable ctm version, and it CLAIMS to install successfully, and there are no errors, but upon rebooting, I do not get the self bootable ctm install page where it actually installs itself, and every time that it claims to have installed correctly, upon actually booting into windows, the shortcut is there on the desktop, and in less than a minute, it goes away, and ctm is not actually installed… and to top that off, it apparently killed my last win 7 x64 installation, because after rebooting the computer, and retrying to install, having had that same exact issue, it throws an error saying that a required microsoft installation program dll is missing… and that then made it to where I could not install anything that used the microsoft installer service…

I am rather iritated, because I would really like to use ctm again… I want to try to use the beta version, but it does not give you the option to select which drives/partitions to protect or leave alone, and I have an xp installation on a different partition of the same drive that I want left alone…

what the heck is going on here…its a clean install of win 7 x64 ultimate, with NOTHING on it…nothing at all other than comodo internet security free…thats it…