CTM hd selction question

hi

if i have lets says 3 partitions from 2 hd`s c: d: :e will CTM let me choose which one to protect? or it protects them all automatic during install?
i test CTM on my VM which have only 1 drive (c:)

cheers

It protects them all. AFAIK there is no way to exclude a drive from being protected.

Ewen :slight_smile:

that very bad , coz i want to protect only partition c:\ with my OS not d:\ and e:\ which i d/l stuff to there and work with them.

hope CTM will change it ASAP :slight_smile:

If your downloads are stored in a folder, you can “Synchronise” that folder and its contents will not be rolled backwards or forwards when you do a restore.

Ewen :slight_smile:

try “Synchronise” 7 giga of d/l stuff and u will stuck after the reboot in windows start screen , waiting it to end.
also it bad approach , since ONLY c:\ is vulnerable for malware attack , so no need to FORCE user to protect all drives / partition .
further more , u can "Synchronise malware also , so what the point?

cheers

+1

Synchronise is the wrong word for it… It wont even touch the Files… so a restore would be fast still. (unless a bug happens)

Same here, posted an entry in the wishlist

Exlude is not really an option, it took nearly 50 minutes to fall back to a previous snapshot, because synchronise does not exlcude, but
a) RECVERS TO SNAPSHOT X
b) UPDATES SNAPSHOT X WHIT ACTUAL DATA OF NEWLY TAKEN SNAPSHOT JUST BEFORE RECOVERY

this is a secure approach for synchronising, but it is not a workable approach for exlcuding.

Hope you will consider to include this option

Regards

I couldnt agree more! There really should be an option to just protect the C drive. Until then, Im going to uninstall timemachine!

Me too.
Reverting to Rollback Rx.