A. THE BUG/ISSUE (Varies from issue to issue)
[ol]- Summary - Give a clear summary in the topic subject, NOT here.
- Can U reproduce the problem & if so how reliably?: yes, 100%
- If U can, exact steps to reproduce. If not, exactly what U did & what happened:
- Create global rule allowing incoming connections to chosen port (optional step; only if all incoming connections are dropped by default, so we have to punch a hole in fw).
- Run an application which listens on that port. (make sure that this application does not have rules)
- Make remote connection to our pc on previously selected port.
- When when pop-up shows up check “remember” and click “allow”.
- Check “application rules”.
I tested this for mIRC and incoming AUTH (:113) connections.
- If not obvious, what U expected to happen:
If we follow previous steps CIS creates a rule, but it’s bugged and remote host is put as a destination address, not a source address as it should. (for incoming connections destination is our IP) Other rule params are fine.
Because of that such rule is invalid and pop-up will show again and again as src/dst are swapped.
What I expect is that CIS for incoming rules should treat remote host as a source address.
- If a software compatibility problem have U tried the conflict FAQ?: n/a
- Any software except CIS/OS involved? If so - name, & exact version: no
- Any other information, eg your guess at the cause, how U tried to fix it etc: you can only fix this by creating a rule manually
Always attach - Diagnostics file, Watch Activity process list, dump if freeze/crash. (If complex - CIS logs & config, screenshots, video, zipped program - not m’ware) PM for password
B. YOUR SETUP (Likely the same for each issue, so you can copy forward)
[ol]- Exact CIS version & configuration: 6.0.264710.2708, own
- Modules enabled & level. D+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall, & AV: AV + FW
- Have U made any other changes to the default config? (egs here.): yes
Have U updated (without uninstall) from a CIS 5?: no
[li]if so, have U tried a a clean reinstall - if not please do?: n/a
[/li]- Have U imported a config from a previous version of CIS: no
[li]if so, have U tried a standard config - if not please do: n/a
[/li]- OS version, SP, 32/64 bit, UAC setting, account type, V.Machine used: XP Pro, SP3, 32b, admin
Other security/s’box software a) currently installed b) installed since OS: a=none b=none
[attachment deleted by admin]