CPF, Terminal Services, Fast User Switching[Resolved]

Hello,

I am using CPF 2.4.9.126 Beta on both of my systems and all is working fine. I have WinXP SP2 on both with all of the latest patches and using a Linksys wireless router with Roadrunner. The tower is connected directly and assigned a static IP. I also have a laptop connected via wireless using DHCP. I have one question. I occasionally get a dialog box indicating that Terminal Services and Fast User Switching are not running. I have those 2 services disabled. My question is, does CPF require those 2 services to be running for any reason?

hlb

I think that Terminal services is needed, so turn that on, and see if it helps.

Both of my systems are working perfectly with those 2 services disabled. I would like to keep them disabled. I was just wondering if someone knew if CPF needs those services for some reason and why.

hlb

+1

ALG

(R)

Hello,

Does anyone know if either of these two services (Terminal Services or Fast User Switching) are actually used by CPF?

Thanks.

hlb

No it does not need those services. It only shows a message to you that fast user switching is disabled. It will only show it once.

You can keep them disabled.

Egemen

See my Append at https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,3722.msg28095.html#msg28095

Al

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback.

hlb