cpf issues

hi folks,

I don’t know if anybody can help or if anyone had the same problem already, that is:
after a restart or a boot from my computer, when CPF is on and the option “do not show any alert for the applications certified by Comodo” is unchecked, although all my startup apps start normaly (I can check that in task manager), many icons don’t show up anymore in the system tray. Same problem happens if Component Control Rules is on, and not in learn mode.

Another issue when Comp. Control Rules is on (that is, not in learn mode), is that although I allow again and again the same dll to load with an application, (i.e. firefox),well “the remember my answer” function does not seem to work; the permission rule appears in CPF, but it keeps askink me again when I start the program.

Welcome to the forum.
About your first issue, i really don’t know. It could be a conflict with some other program.
What other security programs do you have installed?

Another issue when Comp. Control Rules is on (that is, not in learn mode), is that although I allow again and again the same dll to load with an application, (i.e. firefox),well "the remember my answer" function does not seem to work; the permission rule appears in CPF, but it keeps askink me again when I start the program.

If you enable “do not show any alert for the applications certified by Comodo”, do you still get the same messages all the time? Do you have your alert frequency level on default low or?

first thanks for answering so quickly, and then:

yes,even if I enable “do not show any alert for the applications certified by Comodo”, and component control rules is turned on ( and not in learn mode), I’m beeing asked again and again to allow some dlls to load , even though I’ve answered yes, and remember my answer, everytime. And the alert frequency is set on low.Weird.

Try to use the learn mode on component monitor. When you have had it in learn mode for a month or so, you can switch it to On, and see if you will have those problems again.
Maybe you have to have it in “learn” to “remember”… ???

thanks for the tips, I think I’m gonna do that , leave it in learn mode for a while and see what happens.