CPF.exe causes crash in ntdll.dll[BUGREPORT]

The title says it all. Ever since upgrading from 2.4 to 3, I get repeated crashes in ntdll.dll caused by cpf.exe. The firewall then shuts down. Happens even if the PC is idle. This means that essentially, I don’t have a firewall half the time, which defeats the purpose. I can’t do anything specific to reproduce it, as it seems to be random but rather frequent.

Looking in the log, I didn’t see anything happening with the firewall, so I thought maybe it was Defensewall.
First I tried setting Defensewall to Clean PC. No luck.
Disabled Defensewall. No luck.
Uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled without Defensewall active, reimported my settings. No luck.

If this keeps up, I’ll have to revert to 2.4, which would be a shame. Can anyone help?

Running Trend Micro Internet Security 14 (its firewall is off), SandboxIE (running but not active), Ad-Aware background protection service

XP Eventlog error: Faulting application cfp.exe, version 1.0.0.1, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.2180, fault address 0x00011f6e.

Can you post the memory dumps generated by windows for this? Does CFP error reporting window appear?

I don’t have the dumps handy, but I did submit an error report via the Comodo Error Tool several times.

It hasn’t happened again for a week now, so I’m hoping it was resolved. The only change I made was to patch XP to increase the number of concurrent connections. I do run a lot of net connections at startup - perhaps the strain was too much for the firewall until I got rules defined for the apps and opened more connections? Don’t know, but I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

Great product - thanks so much for all your hard work! :SMLR

I spoke too soon. Crash happened again. What seems to cause it is an application hammering the firewall with requests for access, and somehow Comodo freezes up and crashes. That’s just a guess, but thinking back, every time it’s crashed, I’ve been doing something net-intensive. In this case I was installing Windows Home Server, and the app on my Comodo-running PC that was looking for the server on the network provoked the crash. I never got a box asking for permission until I restarted Comodo, then the permission box popped up right away, and no problem. Odd.