CPF conflicts with X1 desktop search?

Or visa versa. In any event, trying to use X1, when both it and CPF are loaded during startup, cause X1 to crash. X1 is a terrific free desktop search engine and I would be lost without it. Anyone else experienced this problem?

X1 ® Enterprise Client Version 5.6 (Build 3377) and CPF 2.3.6.81 on WinXP. Also using Avast.

Jim

Hey Jim,

I’d register at http://support.comodo.com and lodge a support ticket on this.

Do the hangs still occur if you start X1 AFTER startup - i.e. start it manually from a shortcut after CPF has initialized?

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

P.S. Gotta agree - X1 is great!

Thanks, Ewen,
Good idea to create a support ticket, so I did. I also kept fiddling with it, and I think the problem is with the X1 error reporting utility. Whenever X1 crashes it tries to upload a report to its mothership the next time it starts, to which I would agree. CPF wouldn’t allow the report, so X1 would crash. I would try to run X1 again, but the same thing would happen. Somehow I got X1 to run successfully (unfortunately not paying good attention but I imagine I “allowed all” in CPF) and now the problem seems to be gone, although I won’t know for sure until X1 crashes again.

Jim

Hey Jim,

If you can work out which is the reporting module for X1, you could set up an application rule for it in the Application Monitor. This shoulkd fix the problem.

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile: