CPF can't work well with PPP (Solved)

hahashijie:

Hi,Toggie. very good! the default gateway is not 0.0.0.0

Correct, the default gateway is NOT 0.0.0.0. As I said 0.0.0.0 is the default route, failing an alternative.

As kail said, if CFP is set to ‘Allow All’ then the firewall is effectively turned off, and is therefore, no longer playing any part in the processing of the data stream.

A firewall is simply an inspector of ‘packets’ as they pass to and from your computer on to the network. All routing decisions are the province of the Operating System and any specific routing devices installed on your network.

I suspect one of two things:

The installation of CFP is corrupt
There is a problem with the installation of your PPPoE drivers.

Toggie

By the way, it may be helpful if your could post some screen shots of these adapters in CFP

That’s a good tip. Try reinstalling your network adapters. My ISP connection doesn’t even require any drivers thanks to XP.

On remembering that hahashijie has KAV (Kaspersky Anti-Virus)… is that KAV or KIS? KIS has a firewall component that may conflict with CFP (it did at one point, I don’t know if it still does).

Uninstall CPF,everything is OK!!!
But i won’t give it up.
the screen shot can’t be upload,wyh???

Save the file as a jpg, png or gif, Then, when yu open the reply page, select Additional Options, bottom left. Select Attach, then browse to the location you saved the file on your hard disk. Click post…

Toggie

Maybe I was wrong about KAV/KIS issue… another user just posted saying that KAV 6 refused to install with CFP present saying that they were incompatible & that CFP must be uninstalled first. :o This is first instance of an actual incompatibility warning from KAVs to my knowledge.

Hi,toggie
The steps you said are very good,i had tried.Nothing happened.
I am using firefox 2.0.0.3,as i send picture,firefox shows “waiting forums.comodo.com”,it just wait and wait.

And,kail,if incompatibility exist,how long time will take to solve it?Aha, Now,i must restart computer to clear ip0.0.0.0.

hahashijie

Was cfp enabled when you tried to upload the picture, if so, did you try switching to ‘Allow All’ to see if it made a difference? I use the method I described to you, several times a week, I also use firefox 2.0.0.4 It works every time.

As for incompatibilities, there have been numerous topics on this forum regarding KAV/KIS and CFP. Some people have no problems, others, unfortunately do. The thing is, there are two products involved in this situation not just CFP. If you are experiencing difficulties using KAV/KIS with CFP I would suggest you to seek equal quantities of help from the folks over at Kaspersky, that, after all, is what you have paid for :slight_smile:

From my perspective right now, I believe you have a bad installation of CFP and perhapas a conflict with KAV/KIS. There was a similar discussion regarding this earlier here :

Compatibility problems with Kaspersky Anti-Virus

As I am not a KAV/KIS user I cannot advise you, but you might want to try the advice offerd in that thread.

Toggie

hahashijie, what’s your OS?

Hi,soya,my os is xp pro sp2 with latest update.
toggie,i can’t upload the picture when the “allow all” is selected.
i disable the KAV, the IP 0.0.0.0 does exist.i disable KAV by stop it’s GUI and it’s service,no KAV’s process in task list,maybe it’s DLL didn’t stop.
when the IP 0.0.0.0 appeare,as i know,it’s only way to restart computer.

i disable some services,for example:DCOM,DHCP server,windows time…
is that OK?

At this point I don’t know if the CFP Team is officially aware of KAV6’s refusal to install with CFP, citing incompatibility as the reason. I did try to encourage the other KAV user to raise a Support Ticket on the issue. But, I don’t know if they did or not.

I suggest you ask both Comodo & Kaspersky what is going on. You can raise a support call with Comodo by going to Comodo Support, registering on their system & raising a ticket. You’ll need to check your KAVs documentation on how to log a call with Kaspersky.

BTW are you using the paid version KAVs or the free version?

Do you mean the DHCP Client service, as XP doesn’t have a DHCP Server service? Also unless you have created specific rules to cater for the absence of DHCP, your going to have problems. If you have disabled the DHCP Client Service, re-enable it and try again.

Hi,kail,thanks for your answer.
toggie,i had tried to re-enable all the possible service,nothing happened.
But i did try the command “Ipconfig”,show the following:
the x.x.x.x is the correct IP.
The <1> is showed after i disconnect PPP adapter as the firefox has opened a page.
<1>-----------------------------------------------------------------------
PPP adapter lyh.net:
connection-specific DNS Suffix .:
IP address …: 0.0.0.0
Subnet mask …: 0.0.0.0
Default gateway …: 0.0.0.0
<1>------------------------------------------------------------------------

The <2> is showed after i dial PPP again.
<2>------------------------------------------------------------------------
PPP adapter lyh.net:
IP address …: 0.0.0.0
Subnet mask …: 0.0.0.0
Default gateway …: x.x.x.x

PPP adapter lyh.net:
IP address …: x.x.x.x
Subnet mask …: 255.255.255.255
<2>------------------------------------------------------------------------

As showd above,there are two adapter.How can i delete one adapter?

Very strange hahashijie, clearly something on your system is not right!

One thing to check:

Right click on ‘My Computer’ and open Device Manager. Check the list of installed devices for your Network Adapters. You could try right clicking on each adapter, select uninstall and then reboot. XP will detect the adapter on starting.

Is lyh.net your provider?

kail, lyh.net just be the name of ppp dial-up, not the provider.
toggie,i tried to find the adapter,nothing there.
No appliction connects to internet,disconnect PPP. “Ipconfig” show:

Windows IP Configuration

Then dial ppp again:

Windows IP Configuration

PPP adapter lyh.net:
IP address …: x.x.x.x
Subnet mask …: 255.255.255.255

Strange???

hahashijie

Sorry, remind me, is your connection ADSL, Cable/LAN or Dial-up

toggie,broadband(we call it) PPPoE dial-up,not adsl.
should be cable/LAN

Fair enough :slight_smile: But you say you have no network adapters listed in Device Manager, so it’s not an Ethernet connection?