CPF and system tray icons

Pardon me if this is a dumb question but is there supposed to be 2 icons for CPF in the system tray? There’s one that says Comodo Launch Pad is running, and another that says the my computers security level is set to “custom”. Just wondering if this is meant to be like this or is it a bug of some sort.

Hi and welcome,

This is right for the beta 2.3. For the final release it the option will be added to disable launchpad any just have CPF icon or keep launchpad and just have the launchpad icon.

Mike

Anybody got a screenshot of the Comodo firewall icon and the Launch Pad icon they wouldn’t mind sharing?

Yep, take at look at the attachment.

Mike

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thanks for the screenie, Mike. :wink:

So…from looking at that pic, it seems that the Comodo firewall icon is one of the last icons to load in the sys tray. Is that because the Launch Pad loads first, but if that is disabled perhaps the Comodo firewall icon will load sooner/quicker (in it’s place)? I’m guessing that the firewall itself loads earlier in the process…but being a little ■■■■, I just like to see my firewall and anti-virus load in the sys tray practically as soon as the Windows screen appears and is loading…

Well the firewall is on from boot up offering protection so you don’t need to worry about that :wink: Also, the firewall icon is not always in that position - it just depends on what windows decides to load first.

Mike

Thanks for the reply Mike, even though it was a dumb question to ask.

Hey nugar, if you don’t want to have launchpad load at startup just use CCleaner to get rid of the startup entry.

Question. How come I can’t get rid of launch pad? It freezes up when opening probably due to having two basically same processes going with the firewall, etc… It will eventually kick in though.
I freshly installed 2.3 and still have the launch pad with it. I can no longer exit the launch pad except for ctrl. alt. del. And if anyone happens to mention the registy, startup, msconfig, etc…I already have a handle on these but would like to know if Comodo has a way to disable it. :wink: Thanks for any info Mike.

Cheers,

Paul

Hey Paul, In one post( I can’t find it now) they said that in the official release that you would be able to turn launchpad off during the install. For now you can either use msconfig or CCleaner to get rid of it.

No questions’ a dumb question.

Mike

Hi Paul,

In the final release when you install it launchpad will be updated so it can be turned off or on. If you have other Comodo products installed these will ask to be updated also to support the new launchpad features.

I’m not sure why yours currently freezes, but it doesn’t on mine.

Mike

Thanks Mike. It seems with both the firewall icon and launch pad icon, both are controlling one firewall, that’s the only reason I could think it would freeze. No big problem though. I just shut down launchpad with the three finger solute. Thanks for the info.

Cheers,

Paul

Your welcome ;). I think Launchpad just displays the information for what is installed and doesn’t actually control anything.

Mike

Actually Launch pad has the firewall settings as well. This is where I think it’s getting confused. I can use either launch pad or the firewall icon to control firewall settings. No problem though, but if I open one or the other right after eachother , it begins to freeze.

Thanks again Mike,

Paul

I’ve tried recreating the freezing by opening one after the other, but I can’t recreate this. Maybe it’s just confused on your computer - or it doesn’t like you because of what you did to the bunny. ;D

Mike

lolll, First you and justin, now Melih, that’s it , bunny’s evil spawn Scomodo is going down! :smiley:

Cheers,

Paul

Lol Scomodo™ is acomplishing his goal of World Domination as we speak there is no stopping him now ;D

Lol, you will never stop the bunny’s world domination. He is far stronger than you imagined. ;D

Here we always thought it would be aliens! :wink:

Cheers,

Paul