Couple of comments

Hi,

Can you please improve the GUI? I think the window should be resizable and it should remember its size and position. Same goes for the columns. Btw, what exactly is the purpose of the “allow” and “kill” options?

Also, I must say it´s nice to see that it´s very stable on my machine even with other security tools installed. I assume that these tools are also protected from buffer overflows? And can you perhaps name a few of the exploits (for example in IE) that would have been defeated by CMG? TIA. ;D

“Allow” will allow the buffer overflow to run, while “Kill” will block it, tho I think it could’ve been named “Block” instead of “Kill”. Might be times when you want to allow a buffer overflow(?) I guess. Also, the warning message is so you know CMG really works :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, they are :wink: CMG protects your machine from buffer overflows, so that includes your security softwares too.

Cheers,
Ragwing

Hi, the GUI will be completly rewriten in CMG release :slight_smile: Try to check any exploit from milw0rm.com to test CMG.

Thanks for the link, I was looking for something like this :). When do you plan to release the final of CMG?

:slight_smile:

"Allow" will allow the buffer overflow to run, while "Kill" will block it, tho I think it could've been named "Block" instead of "Kill". Might be times when you want to allow a buffer overflow(?) I guess.

Would be nice if every process was automaticly protected. Or do you really have to add certain processes to the list yourself? And I don´t think there´s ever a time that you actually want to get a buffer overflow, if I´m correct they are only used by exploits. And if an attack is stopped, what´s supposed to happen, will the attacked process get killed?

Hi, the GUI will be completly rewriten in CMG release.

I hope my suggestions will make it into the release! GUI is very important to me. :wink:

Try to check any exploit from milw0rm.com to test CMG.

I´m sorry but I don´t know what to do with the code, I´m no expert. Perhaps an idea to make a test page were we can test CMG just by clicking on links or by opening malicious files? :slight_smile:

All processes are protected automaticly, the list in CMG is an exclusion list actually :slight_smile: Anyway the release version has more user-friendly interface.

Oh ok, that makes more sense to me. And can anyone perhaps post any pics of the GUI, if it´s almost finsished? TIA. :wink: