Could Someone Evaluate My Simple Rules?

Hello
Can someone evaluate my (noob) rules and let me know if they make sense? And, are they in the right order?

My situation is the following: I use a router and network four computers, so I need file and printer sharing. I also run Network Magic to easily tie everything together.

Rule 0: ALLOW TCP or UDP OUT FROM IP [Any] WHER SOURCE PORT IS [Any] AND DESTINATION PORT IS [Any]

Rule 1: ALLOW ICMP OUT FROM IP [Any] TO IP [Any] WHERE ICMP MESSAGE IS ECHO REQUEST

Rule 2: ALLOW ICMP IN FROM IP [Any] TO IP [Any] WHERE ICMP MESSAGE IS FRAGMENTATION NEEDED

Rule 3: ALLOW ICMP IN FROM IP [Any] TO IP [Any] WHERE ICMP MESSAGE IS TIME EXCEEDED

Rule 4: ALLOW IP OUT FROM IP [Any] TO IP [Any] WHERE IPPROTO IS GRE

Rule 5: ALLOW IP IN FROM IP ZONE: [Home LAN] - 192.168.1.100/192.168.1.105 TO IP [Any] WHERE IPPROTO IS ANY

Rule 6: ALLOW and LOG UDP IN or OUT FROM IP ZONE: [Home LAN] - 192.168.1.100/192.168.1.105 TO IP [Any] WHERE SOURCE PORT IS [Any] AND DESTINATION PORT IS [Any]

Rule 7: BLOCK and LOG IP IN or OUT FROM IP [Any] TO IP [Any] WHERE IPPROTO IS ANY

I wrote Rule #6 when I noticed that CPF was blocking UDP from one of the other locally networked computers. I don’t know if this makes sense or if it’s in the right place.

I’ve tried most of the other firewalls (Norton, Mcafee, Jetico, Outpost, Kerio, Look’n’Stop, etc), and really like CPF! (R)

G’day,

Threre is a flash based rules tutorial at

http://www.embsolutions.com.au.cpf_rule/index.htm

Hope this helps,
Ewen :slight_smile:

Thanks, and I have gone through that. I was just hoping that someone could pass judgment on my rules given my particular situation.

Thanks!