Could CIS be blocking part of my network?

Hello everyone,
Could CIS be blocking part of my network from accessing the web? My desktop is wired directly to my router and is connected to the web fine. Although yesterday I couldn’t connect either. Verizon did some things (I "think re-setting the router included) and determined it was my security software. They got me connected somehow at a low level. From there, I installed the latest Comodo and Microsoft updates and all works fine on the desktop. Now, neither of my laptops can see the router as an available network. Did re-setting the router do something?
Thanks

Desktop CIS: 5.3.176757.1236 (Win7)
Laptop1 CIS: 5.3.181415.1237 (Win7)
Laptop2:CIS: 5.3.181415.1237 (WinXP)

Additional note: I used to be able to access the Win7 laptop from my desktop, but can no longer see it).

I just realized my WII won’t connect either. So I guess that means it’s not CIS.

Without knowing what Verizon did to the router, it’s impossible to say.

If you open a command prompt on one of the laptops and type ipconfig /all is the IP address similar to one being used by the desktop? For example, if the desktop is using 192.168.1.x is the laptop also 192.168.1.x?

You can also try to ping the router or the desktop pc. From a command prompt on a laptop type:

ping (ip address of the desktop or router)

I just spoke with Verizon again. Yesterday, they reset the router for the desktop, but didn’t do whatever to the wireless connections. I called them back this morning and they took care of everything. Thanks.