Copy/Paste for TCP/IP . . .

Could the format for the export files for the Firewall/View Firewall Events for Blocked TCP/IP addies be such that we can copy/paste to a TXT file? It is very time consuming to go through the list to select the few, hopefully, that are from China or some other area that is attempting to send you Malware or virus. I have found several that I have set a rule to block if they are going to my ‘system’ or some other part that should not be connecting to the web.

Thank you for reading this request,

I was just about to create a new thread on the same subject. I’ll post here instead… :slight_smile:

When we Right-click a Rule, we see…

• Add rule…
  • Edit…
  • Remove

This is fine for the Programs, but for the Sub Rules (with the green Tick), I would like to see a couple of extra options.

• Add rule…
  • Edit…
  • Remove
  • Copy >
  • Paste
  • Duplicate

Out of these Six items, one has a Sub item containing Four items…

Copy >

• Source Address
  • Destination Address
  • Source Port
  • Destination Port

If the ‘Source Address’, for example, is seleted, it will copy something like one of these, depending on what is contained in the Source Address section, to the clip-board…

[tr][td]Any =[/td][td]null[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Single IP =[/td][td]192.168.0.1[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]IP Mask =[/td][td]192.168.0.1 / 255.255.255.0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]IP Range =[/td][td]192.168.0.1 / 192.168.0.2[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Zone =[/td][td]Home[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]MAC Address =[/td][td]00:11:22:33:44:55[/td][/tr]

*Only One of the Blue Text items is copied to the clip-board; not all Six items.

Duplicate

Duplicate will make an exact copy of the Rule (or a number of Rules), and duplicate them (in the same order) below the selected Rule/s when the user calls Paste. The clip-board contents will be retained in case the user wants to Paste them into a Predefined Firewall Policy. The clip-board will be emptied when the GUI is closed (Security reasons).

Note:
I haven’t put much thought into this. There’s probably a number of better suggestions. If you come up with one, feel free to Post…

Thanks. :-TU

This could be good, but security measures should be taken against malware that might try take advantage of this feature.

If I what’s intended, why not add a right click option, when right clicking on a line in the events view add to blocked zone?

In a similar vain, trying to make input a bit more comfortable, would be to be able to import from file in both the “My Ports Sets” and the “My Network Zones” sections… For instance importing some ipfilter.dat file!

Even better would be (and possibly I’m thinking a few versions into the future) to use a user repository. CIS could check the application name against this repository and offer to apply rules that other users have used (with preview).

Have a look at the Autopager extension for Firefox, that’s a good example for a code repository.