Control Screen On Bootup

Why it suddenly decided to do this I have no idea, or for what benefit… But how do I disable the control pannel screen from showing every time I boot my PC? It’s the only one of 4 PC’s in the house that does this with comodo… it’s anoying not to be able to find the function to disable on the MOST obvious place … Like, a good place, a very, very, good place, would be… Miscellaneous/Settings…

Can anyone help me disable this? cheers me dears

What control panel screen do you mean? The Windows Control Panel or the main screen of CIS?

Assuming it is the Comodo screen try the following: https://forums.comodo.com/feedbackcommentsannouncementsnews_cis/comodos_gui_is_now_loading_when_system_tray_loads_how_do_i_stop_this-t37420.0.html;msg266024#msg266024.

I think your talking about COMODO Time Machine, not CIS.

hi folks thanks for you replies… Yes it’s the Comodo Firewall control pannel, with Summary/ Firewall/Defence+/Miscellaneous, not the windows one… What’s a comodo time machine?

I followed the two links you put, and there’s only one startup entry for comodo… still stuck

TTFN

Does the key have the -h parameter as described. If it is not there add it.

yeh sure!.. Um … how?.. cannot rename in msconfig

Here is the drill.

Open Regedit: go to start Run → type regedit in the Run box and push Enter.

When in Regedit navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\Comodo Internet Security and select it → right click on it and choose Modify →
you will see something like “c:\Program Files\COMODO\Comodo Internet Security\cfp.exe” →
change this to “c:\Program Files\COMODO\Comodo Internet Security\cfp.exe” -h (Notice the space before the -h parameter) → Ok.

Now close Regedit and reboot.

??? Welcome to the world of RTH… It’s not listed on that list

Hopefully I found it… but in;

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\Comodo Internet Security

Well, if I’m not back after this it’s etiher my PC when boom or it worked lol… But I think I better return to let you know so others having the same problem can get the solution… thank you for your help ;D

:-TU YEH! , it worked…
Have a good one ;D

What version of CIS are you using? Look under Miscellaneous → About. I am currently using the v4 beta (mods only).

Well… the pannel came back with the latest update…

I’m using the latest one from the comodo firewall website, 3.24, which auto updates EricJH… Is only one there to download for free…

v4 beta (mods only)?
But if your version is for mods only, how does a non mod know about, or even get this?

And… shouldn’t the one provided on that web page work properly?.. RETORICAL QUESTION HERE…

Anyways… back to work for me… see ya next time…

The v4 is a public beta these days: COMODO Internet Security 4.0.129536.679 BETA Released.

OK thanks Eric… I’ll have to try that beta one… That pannel is staying no matter what I do now. The -h is on the back of the reg keys… but still it remains… …

Goes to take a look…
‘This is a BETA software and must not be used any other purpose than testing. It can contain bugs that might cause data loss…’

hummmmm… I’ll put up with that anoying window I think… ttfn