A. THE BUG/ISSUE (Varies from issue to issue)
Scaning of files and folders from context menu in Windows 7 SP1 32bit works only in Windows Explorer, not in others file management software (tried with Xplorer2, Free Commander and SE Explorer). There is shortcut “Scan with COMODO Antivirus” in context menu but scanning does not start. Files and folders dropping from file managers working properly.
[ol]- Summary - Give a clear summary in the topic title, NOT here.
- Can U reproduce the problem & if so how reliably?: Always reproducible.
- If U can, exact steps to reproduce. If not, exactly what U did & what happened: Right mouse click on any of the files or folders in file management software other than Windows Explorer (Xplorer2, Free Commander, SE Explorer). Choose and click on shortcut “Scan with COMODO Antivirus”. Scanning does not start.
- If not obvious, what U expected to happen:
- If a software compatibility problem have U tried the conflict FAQ?: Yes
- Any software except CIS/OS involved? If so - name, & exact version: Xplorer2 Pro 18.104.22.168; Free Commander 2009.02b; SE Explorer 1.31.1
- Any other information, eg your guess at the cause, how U tried to fix it etc: Definitely CIS Bug
Always attach - Diagnostics file, Watch Activity process list, (dump if freeze/crash). If complex - CIS logs & config, screenshots, video, zipped program (not m’ware)
B. YOUR SETUP (Likely the same for each issue, so you can copy forward)
[ol]- Exact CIS version & configuration: CIS Premium 6.0.264710.2708; Default, out of the box, configuration.
- Modules enabled & level. D+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall, & AV: Default configuration, HIPS disabled.
- Have U made any other changes to the default config? (egs here.): No
Have U updated (without uninstall) from a previous version of CIS: No
[li]if so, have U tried a a clean reinstall - if not please do?: Yes
[/li]- Have U imported a config from a previous version of CIS: No
[li]if so, have U tried a standard config - if not please do: Yes
[/li]- OS version, SP, 32/64 bit, UAC setting, account type, & VM used: Windows 7 SP1 32-bit; UAC disabled, administrator account; no VM.
Other security/sandbox software a) currently installed b) installed since OS: a) MBAM free version, no real time module. b) MBAM free version, no real time module.
Mod edit: Corrected list tags, Captainsticks.
[attachment deleted by admin]