Constantly updating... any ideas? [SOLVED]

Hi,

my CIS v5.5 has found an update (I guess it’s the new version 5.8?) and after the update is installed and I reboot the PC (Win7 x64) it will find another update (maybe the same one?) and the cycle repeats itself ad infinutum:

update found->installed->reboot prompt->reboot->update found

Is anyone else experiencing this and what can be done?

Thank you!

Same issue here.

Start update > restart > Comodo Firewall has NOT been updated > start update > restart > Comodo Firewall has NOT been updated > recycle.

Same here :frowning: must have tried to update 15 times now but it just doesn’t want to know.

I have version 5.8.213334.2131 and there are no new updates. Specifically which version do you have?

If you have this version, and it keeps telling you that updates are available, or if you can’t update to this version, then you may wish to uninstall and reinstall.

Advice for how to do this is given in this post.

I have Comodo Firewall v5.5.195786.1383

I would try uninstalling this one and then reinstalling the new version using the steps I advised in my post.

Umm, why should I follow all that? Wouldn’t it be easier just to ditch the product and install something better, or at least something that can update itself normally?

Are you running under a standard account? can you try the following? Go to folder c:\program files\comodo\comodo internet security\ and select ‘Run as Administrator’ on cfpupdat.exe
Now update, reboot and try that again, it should stop after two updates.

If not please verify c:\users<UserID>\appdata\local\virtualstore and verify that none of these folders contain any comodo CIS related files.

I’m running an admin account but nonetheless I tried to run the updater exe “as admin”, repeated two reboots as you advised and I’m stil on 5.5. Also, no comodo files in that location you meantion.

Any other ideas? I would really hate to uninstall the app because of an incremental update…

does the updater show something as if it’s stuck on some file? does it show an error? does it disappear without a trace.

No it just does its thing and then says Updates have been installed and asks me if I want to restart now.

It seems the updater fails to update it self cause if you would have reached the second stage it would display which files it downloads etc.

Please try the following copy the file cfpupdat.exe from \Program Files\Comodo\Comodo Internet Security\Repair folder to \Program Files\Comodo\Comodo Internet Security
And check for updates again see if that helps solve the issue, as this has been reported by other users as a workaround.

Now this worked like a charm, thank you! I’m now on 5.8!

Thanks for reporting back, I’ll change the subject and add ‘Solved’. :-TU

Copying the file from the repair folder and running it has worked for me as well. Thank you!

That fixed my problem too. Thank you.

Here too. Any ideas what went wrong?

Looked like that file was in use during first stage of the update.

I had the same problem, and this solution worked for me as well. Thank you very much, Ronny! :slight_smile:

Comodo said today that there is an update even though I’ve got the newest version 5.9.219863.2196.