Constant reloading.

Hi guys,
The last day or so my browser keeps constantly reloading to the point it’s slowing everything I do down. >:(
I’ve restarted with add-ons disabled and even though it doesn’t appear to be doing it so much, it’s still doing it.
Is anyone else having this problem and does anyone have any ideas of what I might do to rectify it?
Details below.

IceDragon
Version 49.0.0.0
Build ID 20160929154516
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:49.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/49.0
OS Windows_NT 10.0

If you need anymore info let me know.

Thanks in advance.

My experience with CID in that regard is that the prollem cited in the OP can be lain at the feets of web-site specific JavaScripts. My recommendation is to implement the NoScript extension plug-in; it will stop the annoying reloading phenomenon. >:-D

The caveat is that ALL scripts on ANY page can NOT be vectors for malware / intrusion. It will, however, be incumbent upon the user to ascertain what scripts are necessary for the ABSOLUTELY required functionality of any arbitrary web-page. It will also be incumbent upon the user to discern what scripts are absolutely necessary so as to avail oneself for the desired functionality of any arbitrary web-page.

:o

CID is a much more secure browser than even FireFox - which is one of the most secure browsers (cit. needed) - which implements whatever A/V solution has been implemented seamlessly and transparent to the user. Even if one has implemented CIS HIPS in paranoid mode and integrated F/W, NoScript is an additional layer of the InfoSec ‘onion’ where nothing can gain a foothold on the host for CIS HIPS, F/W, A/V to even complain about; the browser won’t even allow whatever potential malware script to execute.

And then there’s the fundamental / inherent sandbox tech of both CIS / CID. 8)

I could go on, but I’m pretty sure everybody’s pretty bored stiff by now.

Thank you Sir!
Much appreciated. ;D

TjRjn