cons of adding all files and folders to protected list

is there any cons to adding all files and folders to the protected list on a clean system?

does cis behave differently in a way that is noticed by the user such as more alerts or something else

What are the pros?

Not really. You may get a few more popups for unknown applications, but I don’t think it’s too bad.

At least for CIS V 5.10 or V 5.12 this is one of the best ways to protect your computer from ransomware.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks.

if you have all files and folders protected do you still need to add the odd rule to protect against gpcode

No, if you add all files to the protected files list there is no need to add other rules.

If there are no cons, and it would save us against ransom ware (a little surprised here),
why isnt it default?

Basically i rather care less about a normal virus. I would just re-install.
But i care about avoiding to have my data encrypted.
Like you described it, comodo does not protect me against the real (perma-)threat. Or what?

V6 protects you against ransomware. All you have to do is change your setting to Limited.

to add all files and folders could I just add each drive on my computer or do I manually have to add each file and folder or is there an easier way to add all files and folders.

is the only reason cis doesn’t protect all files and folders by default is in case an average user installs cis on and infected machine which would cause cis to protect malicious files? if not then what’s the reason?

For this please follow the advice I give in my article about How to Install Comodo Firewall.

The reason is that any unknown application, which is supposed to install itself or access other files, even if doing so is absolutely not dangerous, would still trigger a good number of alerts. Thus, I believe that this was not included because it would decrease the usability. Thus, Comodo developed a better way to protect against this danger, which is included in V6.

is there a way to protect registry keys and drivers if so is there pros and cons to it or are they considered files