Connection to FTP server often fails using FTP client ruleset [M387] [v6]

Thanks, Ronny. It looks like I’ll be using PASV mode for future FTP transfers. You may close this thread as [solved] if you deem necessary.

That’s no problem - glad it helped.

Just to check, by ‘enabled’ you mean ‘ticked’, not with blue or grey blob in it which means in ‘auto’ mode. There seems to be an autodetect problem.

I ticked that (it was a blob) and it worked in active mode (well once anyway :slight_smile: I am connecting via Trust Connect to emulate a remote connection, so it’s not a perfect experiment.

I’m just pursuing as I’d like to get to the bottom of why TC has suddenly stopped working with a) my server (from QA) b) your two servers. Ronny’s idea seems reasonable but why are the servers trying to reconnect on those strange ports. Think they may be trying multi-part connections, but those attempts should fail.

Anyway will be offline for a few days, but will be interested in any response when I return.

Best wishes

Mouse

It was on Auto-Detect, so I switched it to UTF-8 and it still won’t connect. It seems that the only way it connects is in PASV mode. When I contacted Register.com about the connection, they told me that they haven’t changed anything on their end. Ronny suggested that maybe the CIS devs closed a hole in this latest release. Maybe CIS was slightly insecure by leaving those random ports open for the FTP return?

Works here with MLSD ticked (not blobbed), I think it may be trying UTF-8 when it autodetects?

One other thing that’s strange, when in active mode, TC tries to connect and fails, then TC says it’s trying PASV mode, but it fails! PASV mode only works when it’s the default in TC.

Have you tried MLSD ticked on connection settings and in active mode. Sorry to ask again but above post not clear.

Think this TC release may be buggy… :slight_smile:

Yes, I believe so. I tried UTF-8 (advanced), but there are a lot of choices in the drop-down box and I’m unclear on which to use.

Think you are in slightly the wrong place. Leave the big button on autodetect and look at the MLSD tick box immediately below. It’s probably showing a blob, make it a tick instead

No blob, that box is ticked.

Ah sorry :(.

Can you please check and see if this is fixed with the newest version (6.2.282872.2847)? Please let us know whether it is fixed or you are still experiencing the problem.

Thank you.

PM sent.

Nope, still broken if I don’t use PASV mode in Total Commander.

Thank you for checking this.

I have updated the tracker.

Can you please check and see if this is fixed with the newest version (6.2.285401.2860)? Please let us know whether it is fixed or you are still experiencing the problem.

Thank you.

PM sent.

Hi Chiron,

Just checked. Unfortunately, it’s still broken. PASV mode is still working.

Griz

The devs have ruled that this report is invalid. It appears that L.A.R. Grizzly agrees with this verdict.

Thus, I will move this to Resolved.

As long as PASV mode is safe, I guess it doesn’t matter. PASV mode has been working fine since the beginning of this bug report.