Connecting to an IP address (Synology NAS DSM)

Hi,
I have a NAS (Synology) that I’m trying to connect to through my web browser which I can connect to successfully but only when I disable the Comodo Firewall.

I need to allow the connection somehow but I’m not sure how to. The address I think I need to allow is 192.168.1.102

I’ve tried searching but there doesn’t seem to be anything, any help’s much appreciated.

Regards,
Rob

[attachment deleted by admin]

If you just run Firewall/Stealth Ports Wizard with the first option:

Define a new trusted network and make my ports stealth for everyone else

It will provide the necessary firewall rules to allow file and printer sharing on Microsoft Networks, which is all you should need to access this feature of the device. If I remember, the Assistant connects over TCP on several high number ports, I think 9997, 9998 and 9999, so if you need to run that, you’ll have to make sure there’s an application rule:

Firewall/Network Security Policy/Application Rules

For the Synology Assistant.

Hi Radaghast,
Thanks very much for the quick reply it’s much appreciated. I’ll give that a try as soon as I’m back.

Unfortunately, that didn’t work for me. I can only have the Synology Assistant (tool on your PC to scan for Synology machines in your network) to discover my Synology NAS when the firewall is completely disabled. Entering the direct LAN IP-adress URL in my browser allows me to connect to the NAS, however. What might this be? I have added LAN1 and LAN2 to my trusted network per the above suggestion, as well as the direct IP adres of the NAS itself. Nothing works.

Can you show a screenshot of your Global Rules?

What application rule do you have for the Synology Assistant? What configuration are you running? Internet Security or Proactive Security?

As well as running the Stealth Ports wizrd, you will probably also need to turn off “Block fragmented IP packets”. This is usually required for NAS’s and wireless printers.

https://forums.comodo.com/firewall-help-cis/windows-7-freenas-comodo-t69749.0.html;msg495046#msg495046

Hope this helps,
Ewen :slight_smile:

Thank you both of you for your reply ;D

Screenshot of global rules: attached.

“Block fragmented IP Packets”: wasn’t enabled.

My configuration? Comodo firewall security.

Application rule Synology assistant: screenshot attached.

Thank you for your help :stuck_out_tongue:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Am I correct to assume that your IP address is in the 192.168.1.x range? Then your Global Rules are fine. They could do with some clean up but we can do that after we solved the problem with DSAssistant.

Can you check the Firewall Application Rules to see if there is a rule called “All Applications”? Is this rule is there see if the rule for DSAssistant is somewhere underneath the “All Applications” rule. If it is then drag it to a place above the “All Applications” rule and try again.