Confusion regarding forwarding ports

Hi,

I’m currently using Comodo v3.12 and am finding it very confusing as to how to forward ports properly. It’s my first time using a software firewall so that doesn’t help either :-\

I’m trying to forward ports for GGPO
what i was told by other users and what is also stated on the GGPO website, is that i need to forward these ports:

http://ggpo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1001

inbound/outbound: 6000-6009 UDP
outbound: 7000 TCP

sounds easy enough but i’m really confused about all the source address, destination address, Source port, Destination port options when forwarding ports in Comodo. If anybody can help me out it would be well appreciated as i’m feeling hopeless with this whole operation lol…

EDIT: sorry if this is posted in the wrong section. I’ve just saw that there is a v3 help section which I overlooked.

Forwarding ports relates to a hardware router/firewall, not to a software firewall on your PC.

The rules you’ve described should be set up in CIS, but the inbound rule also needs to be set up in your hardware router/firewall.

Ewen :slight_smile:

If you want help to forward ports on your router then www.portforward.com is the ultimate guide. Read the following for reference on how to open a port.

To open the port TCP 1723 for example

First step is to determine the MAC or Physical address of you network connector. Go to Start → Run → cmd → enter → a black box will show up and enter the following → ipconfig /all (notice the space before /all) → enter → now look up the Physical address and write it down.

Notice that Physical address = MAC address

Firewall → Advanced → Network Security policy → Global Rules → Add → fill in the following:
Action: Allow
Protocol: TCP
Direction: In
Description: Incoming Port

Source address: Any
Destination Address: Choose MAC address and fill in the found MAC/Physical address
Source Port: Any
Destination Port: 1723

Then push Apply → Now make sure that the new rule is somewhere above the basic block rule(s) as the bottom (the block rules have red icons); you can drag and drop the rules → Ok.