Conflict with Trusteer Rapport causes slow loading of IE 9 & Chrome [M273] [v6]

A. THE BUG/ISSUE (Varies from issue to issue)
Summary: IE9 32 bits and Google Chrome unusable in CIS Sandbox
Can U reproduce the problem & if so how reliably?:Yes, 100%
If U can, exact steps to reproduce. If not, exactly what U did & what happened:
a. Opened browser in Comodo Sandbox (whichever way)
b. Loading time too long, not responding, loads then freezes, unusable. Especially with IE9 32 bits (haven’t tried 64 bits) which takes more than 5 minutes loading then freezes incessantly whenever you change web page.
If not obvious, what U expected to happen: Load as fast as Dragon which is 100% working in Comodo Sandbox or at least as fast and well as with Sandboxie 3.76.
If a software compatibility problem have U tried the conflict FAQ?:No.
Any software except CIS/OS involved? If so - name, & exact version: MBAM Pro 1.70.0.1100, HMP 3.7.2 build 188, in IE 9 32 bits and in chrome Trusteer Rapport Emerald Build 1205.18 (may be the culprit?)
Any other information, eg your guess at the cause, how U tried to fix it etc:No. Dragon loads well with all extensions and bookmarks of Chrome except it doesn’t have Trusteer Rapport because it works only for IE 32 bits, FF and Chrome.
Always attach: Diagnostics file, Watch Activity process list, (dump if freeze/crash). If complex: CIS logs & config, screenshots, video, zipped program (not malware).

B. YOUR SETUP (Likely the same for each issue, so you can copy forward)
Exact CIS version & configuration:6.0.264710.2708, Proactive, with Chiron’s FW configuration: High quality HDMI cables in comparison - Gizmo's Best
Modules enabled & level.Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall, & AV: All, , BBlocker=Untrusted, Firewall=Safe, AV=cloud is on
Have U made any other changes to the default config? (egs here.): No, only as is in this page High quality HDMI cables in comparison - Gizmo's Best
Have U updated (without uninstall) from a previous version of CIS: No
if so, have U tried a a clean reinstall - if not please do?: I tried to install CIS from Comodo italian web site after running Norton Removal Tool once. Installation was not 100%:HIPS module could not be repaired. I did a clean reinstall using the US installer. Installation was seemingly 100% successful.
Have U imported a config from a previous version of CIS: No
if so, have U tried a standard config - if not please do:
OS version, SP, 32/64 bit, UAC setting, account type, & virtual machine used: Windows 7, SP1, 64bit, UAC=On, admin, VM not used
Other security/sandbox software a) currently installed b) installed since OS: a) Sandboxie 3.76 b)Norton 360(runned twice the Norton removal Tool and even removed manually from regedit leftovers looking for “Norton” and “Symantec”.
Are other experiencing the same issues?

[attachment deleted by admin]

I have no such issues with IE9. I don’t run my browser sandboxed normally but I did test it out both sandboxed and in the Kiosk and it works fine.

My little guess…
Do you run Trusteer Rapport (anti-keylogger extension) in your browsers? Being the extension not working with Sandboxie, I suspect it not to want to work either in CIS Kiosk or to interfere! Comodo Dragon doesn’t have the extension installed an runs well in my Kiosk. So, it’s not Comodo to me, it’s Trusteer Rapport. I guess if I uninstall it, I would have no more problem. Either I uninstall it or keep using only Dragon in Kiosk! :slight_smile:

No, the only extensions I use are the PrivacyChoice tracking list in IE9 and AdBlock in Dragon, that’s it.

Thanks. I uninstalled Trusteer Rapport (and should also do so with good old Sandboxie). PROBLEM SOLVED!!! Trusteer Rapport makes IE, FF and Google Chrome unusable in Kiosk. Now it works as fast as dragon in Kiosk as ever.
Many thanks for helping me solve this. :smiley:
P.S.: If you use Kiosk, BB set untrusted and aware of FW alerts, you really don’t need Trusteer Rapport. In kiosk, online banking is protected from the outside and from the inside if you reset sandbox prior a transaction. That’s my understanding. You can keep it, but no longer need it! So goes with old Sandboxie! :slight_smile:
SOLVED!!!

Devs should know about this however, as banks are getting insistent on people using Rapport, so I will forward.

Can I clarify whether the problem is solved even with Sandboxie left installed?

Could you append a diagnostics report please? Comodo requires these for most issues.

Best wishes

Mouse

Yes for the moment, I left Sandboxie. I uninstalled Trusteer Rapport which was interfering with Kiosk. How do you send a “diagnostic report”? ???
Alright! I found the way to get the diagnostic report.
Hope you’ll find a way for us to use Rapport even in Kiosk, I liked this anti-keylogger! :wink:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thank you very much for your report in standard format, with all information supplied. The care you have taken is much appreciated by Comodo, and will increase the likelihood that this bug can be fixed.

Developers may or may or may not communicate with you in the forum or by PM/IM, depending on time availability and need. Because you have supplied complete information they may be able to replicate and fix the bug without doing so.

Many thanks again

Mouse

Here again, Trusteer Rapport doesn’t show in a sandboxed browser with Sandboxie. It shows in Comodo virtual kiosk but the browser takes 5 minutes or more to load, then black tabs (freeze!) and practically it does that each time you surf! So unsurfable. As said, I doubt Trusteer Rapport would be usable in Kiosk as it is unusable in Sandboxie, but it would be “wonderful”!
Many thanks! :smiley:

NO problem. I’d like the CIS - Rapport difficulties fixed as well.

Mouse

Sorry to ask, as I was again reminded by my bank to use Rapport:Is this bug going to be fixed soon in the next update? Are you going to write it in the change log? Thx! ;D

Apologies I am just a volunteer, I have no knowledge at present about the next set of fixes.

Waiting for the fixes. Meanwhile, I have set back my HIPS “safe mode” back in Chirons way of settings Gizmo's Best - The best of Gizmo's Freeware following this thread on the keylogger threat in Virtual Kiosk https://forums.comodo.com/leak-testingattacksvulnerability-research/kiosk-vulnerable-to-simple-simple-leaktest-t91731.15.html which leads me to setting HIPS Safe mode ON and BB to “untrusted” to give me kind of the same protection as Rapport in Online banking. Do you recommend this setting meanwhile, I know Chiron is saying HIPS is redundant with BB on. ???

HIPS won’t protect you against Leakout in safe mode, though it will in paranoid mode. But you’ll get lots of alerts in paranoid.

BB in untrusted stops Leakout running, and will probably stop similar exploits basically by restricting almost everything! So many untrusted programs will not run.

Hobson’s choice I’m afraid…Sorry.

Best wishes

Mouse

I uninstalled Trusteer Rapport and installed much easier to use Zemana antilogger free. 100% compatible with Comodo CIS 6, works in Kiosk and sandboxie. Also set the BB to “Blocked” and HIPS to safe mode. Maximum protection against recent vulnerabilities and so far found no problems running this version of CIS 6.
Thanks COMODO :wink:

Reinstalled Trusteer Rapport. Zemana failed on Win7 64 bits systems. I’ll use it out of kiosk until problem is solved with Trusteer… 88)

Thanks for the updates, they are much appreciated. I too hope they solve this.

You might want to submit it to Trusteer as well, as there QA function is pretty good in my experience. Even if they were to tell you the problem is with Comodo, if they say what the problem is it may help in getting a fix.

Trusteer responded: go START/PROGRAM/TRUSTEER RAPPORT/STOP RAPPORT…the kiosk works perfectly this way without Rapport on. I think Rapport is incompatible with ANY sandbox program. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the update, though far from a fix.

:slight_smile:

Best wishes

Mouse

High Mouse1, I’m happy to tell you (…rather lately…!!) this bug is totally fixed. I’ve tested with IE 10 and Google and the Trusteer Rapport on and it runs pretty fine in Comodo sandbox. Many thanks to the Comodo Team development for fast fixing the problem with latest program update! Thanks again!!! :wink: :slight_smile: