Conflict with Kaspersky 2009 AntiVirus

With some reluctance after an upgrade to Kaspersky 2009 AntiVirus I was forced to give up using my much loved Comodo firewall. The last version I tried was 3.5.57173.439

With the two programs installed I was receiving constant problems with the system that I thought initially was due to disk corruption. Typical error messages were

“One of the files containing the system’s registry data had to be recovered by use of a log or alternate copy. The recovery was successful.”

“Windows XP could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM”

Each time I hade to restore my system form a Disk Image.

Eventually the problem was resolved completely by uninstalling Comodo so I am pretty confident that it or the combination with Kaspersky was the problem.

I notice that the release notes for the latest Version of Comodo 3.8.65951.477 refer to “FIXED! Defense+ conflicts with certain security applications” and wondered whether this had addressed the problems with Kaspersky 2009.

As I am reluctant to risk corrupting my system again I wondered whether anyone new whether this had fixed the problem or better still had tried it with Kaspersky 2009.

Many thanks.

comprob,

Am happy to confirm that Comodo Internet Security 3.8.65951.477 and Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2009 (KAV 8.0.0.506) peacefully co-exist on my platform (Windows XP Professional Service-Pack 2, up-to-date with all MS Hotfixes).

In CIS I have installed and use the Firewall and Defense+ features.

(Eventually had an issue with KAV 8. Installing KAV 8 totally distorted the PC sound (Turtle Beach Santa Cruz sound card and drivers). The fix was to uninstall the soundcard’s original drivers and then install the most recent drivers I could find for the soundcard. More info at http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=109897&st=0&gopid=926203&#entry926203)

Am very pleased with the combination of CIS 3.8.65951.477 and KAV 8.0.0.506.

So far have not had any conflicts with the two flagship products.

:-TU

I am using CIS Firewall and Defense+ version 3.8.65951.477
and
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2009 version 8.0.0.506 (a.b)
and
Vista Home Premium SP1 /HP Pavilion AMD TL-52 1.6 GHz

I have not had any conflicts , but I will start using CIS-Antivirus ( if version 3.9 is released (:KWL) )
when my KAV 2009 license expires in july .