Conflict with Avast

Yesterday I noticed that the Mail Shield function of Avast was faulting on one of my Machines (running Windows 7)
Versions Avast (10.3.2225). and Comodo (8.2.0.4703)
I tried everything Cleaning off Avast and Re-installing to no avail. No odd pop ups from Comodo (that I saw)
and Windows live mail was unable to connect, even with Avast Mail Shield turned off.
Today I looked in Comodos event logs and saw several Related to the Avast Service, So I cleared all The Application Rules.
Turned off Virusscope, Reset Avast and Restarted the PC now Avast Mail Shield and my mail App are working again.
I don’t know what can be done to prevent this sort of thing, but its not the first time that Comodo has blocked things without my noticing!

Multiple AV’s on one computer is never good.
CIS, like most other AV’s out there, does not play well with other AV software.

True, but I use COMODO in Firewall mode, there should not be a conflict.

I would say you found a bug. If you have the time and energy please consider filing a bug report in the Bug Reports - CIS board following the format as described in FORMAT & GUIDE - just COPY/PASTE it!.

Reporting of bugs is strictly moderated to make sure Comodo gets clear bug reports. So, please make sure you closely follow protocol. That way your report will certainly be seen by Comodo staff.