Hello Comodo Forum Community!
On behalf of the Comodo Forum Moderators, And also the community - I am going to explain, In the simplest possible way, How to configure the Comodo Internet Security software for Maximum Security with ZERO Alerts.
Before you do this, We need to make sure “Safety first” and be sure if this configuration isn’t to your liking, if something goes wrong, We can restore to a previous state, and we need to make sure your system is clean.
- Please be sure to download and install the latest COMODO Internet Security version (version 3.10.102363.531) here. - This is a direct download.
- Make sure your PC is Clean of Malware!
- Make sure you create a System Restore point (For Windows XP and for Windows Vista).
- Be sure to backup your system/data!
Now that we have checked that your machine is clean of malware, you have created a system restore point and have a created a image of your system using Comodo Backup, We can now Configure Comodo Internet Security for Maximum Security with ZERO Alerts.
- If you haven’t already done so, Switch to “Proactive Security” Configuration, By right clicking the CIS tray icon and choosing “Configuration”. Alternatively, you can navigate via CIS main GUI Miscellaneous>Manage My Configurations>Activate COMODO - Proactive Security
- Make sure Firewall is set to “Safe Mode”, Defense+ is set to “Clean PC Mode”, Antivirus is set to “Stateful”
- Navigate to Miscellaneous>Manage My Configurations Export your Internet Security Configuration, and import it as “Install/Uninstall” Configuration"
- In the same Miscellaneous Tab, Navigate to Settings>Parental Control and set a password, Enable the password protection to suppress All 3 boxes (Defense+, Firewall and Anti virus). Click OK when done.
NOTE: There is a Parental Control bug with the latest version where it is not taking effect, Here is a work around to go around it:
- Navigate back to Parental Control.
- Check “Enable the password protection for the settings”
- Check all 3 boxes, And then UNCHECK “Enable the password protection for the settings” So the Suppress Boxes are Greyed out. Click OK then go back into Parent Mode window.
- Now, Recheck “Enable the password protection for the settings” - You will be prompted to create a password again, Please do the same password you previously typed in. Now click OK when done. Now Parental Control will be enabled and will take affect this way.
That’s it! Everything already on your machine will be automatically aloud, Including Network connections of applications and execution of applications. But anything NEW introduced will be automatically blocked by CIS, If you want to install something new, or uninstall a software, You simply switch to “Install/Uninstall” Configuration to do this so you can allow the Alerts to install/uninstall the software, Then switch back to Proactive Security/Parental Control.