Configuring CFP via remote access

It is not possible configuring CFP via remote access software on a computer if you don’t have physical access. I’ve tried, permitting PCAnywhere or Terminal Services all connections, all traffic, but after somebody makes me a please changing settings in CFP to “Allow All” configuration, when I back to “Custom” configuration my access is lost. I’ve found impossible getting work CFP via Remote connection without help in front of remote machine and in hosting services there are no people ready to collaborate on it. CFP sounds a good option to avoid starting and medium level hackers.

I agree… I just installed Comodo 2.4.18.184 and when being connected via Remote Desktop, alerts are not displayed and I cannot add new trusted applications either because the dialog does not display. It only displays at the console.

I found out the following:

• When connecting via Remote Desktop, another Comodo instance starts, making 2 of them running
  • Closing both and restarting it via the Start Menu makes the alerts appear within the Remote Desktop window

Comodo, are you Fast User Switching and RDP aware?

Is this fixed in a future build? Any beta I can try out?

LogeMeIn worked perfectly with application rule. Have you seen log entries which may help you to create the rules?

I decided to uninstall Comodo.
I could not connect from my pc at work to my home pc anymore. Comodo did not flag anything in the logs.
It looks like Comodo really runs at user level. When connecting to my session via RDP, I can start a new Comodo instance and it does not seem to know about the one already running – and vice versa.

Logmein is not an option - I want to connect to my desktop of my pc upstairs when working on a computer downstairs. The problem really seems to be in the firewall design area, as it is totally unaware of fast user switching (FUS) and Remote Desktop (RDP).

Sorry to see a product that scores so high in tests to fail in these areas.

You can also use a kind of VNC, too, if the Internet is the problem… I use logemein to connect from my home to two offices (one is around 10, the other is around 60km away) and to connect from one office to another. I also used RealVNC - some people recommend UltraVNC as well, i didn’t try it.

These are also free solutions for the “It is not possible configuring CFP via remote access software on a computer if you don’t have physical access” problem.

However, it’s known it has problems with the FUS, but i guess it’s already on the wishlist somewhere (if not, you should post).

Hi

I need a little help with my installation and remote desktop connection.
I am currently running the Firewall Ver 2.4.18.184 on 2K3 at home this is behind a Router Netgear “DG834GT”, during the installation process and configuring the rules for remote access all appears to be ok.
I installed remote desktop Connection ver 6 on my XP Pro machine at work to allow me to connect to the server at home.
My first reaction was all appeared to work correctly I was able to log on under two different users, so allowing me to change settings and so forth, great I thought.
But after several minutes of having been logged onto the server a message or two of them to be precise appeared at the bottom right hand side of the screen, indicating that Comodo could not be activate and should I reinstall etc. etc.
I opened up Comodo to see what was going on and found all the four functions disabled, I then tried to activate the services but with no joy so it would appear that the firewall is deactivated…

I now see from one of the posts on this subject

Say: "I found out the following:

• When connecting via Remote Desktop, another Comodo instance starts, making 2 of them running
  • Closing both and restarting it via the Start Menu makes the alerts appear within the Remote Desktop window"

So is it possible then that my server is still running Comodo at home perfectly well, although at work what I see is Comodo being started a second time and not being able to run, I have looked in the logs and this indicates the number of times I have logged in from work so this part appears to work fine.

I tried to deactivate Comodo on the server remotely and reboot but does not allow this to happen which I suppose is common sense really

So if anyone can explain how it may be possible to resolve the above issue which will allow me log in and so I can
monitor Comodo when I am connected remotely I would be very grateful. I have yet to try out software installation, operation and configuration with this firewall in place and because of where I work I cannot use VNC.

Best Wishes