Configuration message after update does not go away

On an Win XP Pro SP2 system I updated the CFP to v3.0.18.309 and ever since EVERY time I boot the system a popup comes up asking if I want the configuration updated to new version, it has a Yes and No choice, several times I chose Yes and followed the prompt to reboot after apparent successful change of the configuration but that popup comes back on the reboot. After choosing Yes did not help, I several times chose No, the system then does not immediately ask me to reboot but when I reboot later for any reason the same pop up comes back again.

How do I get rid this pop up ?

Please advise.

Thanks

Matt

How did you update it? Through the Autoupdater? Or did you download and installer right over your old version of Comodo? Your always better off doing a complete uninstall and reinstall. Use Revo Uninstaller in advanced mode. Also see here.

https://forums.comodo.com/help_for_v3/comprehensive_instructions_for_completely_removing_comodo_firewall_pro_3_info-t17220.0.html

I had originally updated via the update function of CFP. After your reply I uninstalled CFP altogether using Your Uninstaller that claims to remove any residual registry entires and files left by the native uninstaller.

I reinstalled using a full download from Comodo website BUT the problem of Configuration Update pop up did NOT go away.

Why can I not just delete the file/registry entry that causes this pop up ?

Please advise.

Thanks

Matt

I actaully dont get a pop up at all with any version of Comodo 3.0. You can uncheck auto update in miscellaneous.

Also be sure if you use Revo Uninstaller, when Comodo says reboot you ignore that and click no. Then click next in Revo and delete all registry and program entires.