Configuration export - file overwrite is not prompting

Hello,

I use CIS 5.0.163652.1142 on win xp with SP3 and all the MS patches up to date.
I noticed that when doing an export of the CIS configuration - when choosing in “save as” GUI an existing already-saved export file and clicking OK - the file is overwritten without any prompt to warn me I am overwriting an existing file.
It may be a “windows” issue since it looks like a regular windows “save as” window, but when saving using, say, notepad - I DO get a warning dialog box.

FYI.

We would very much appreciate it if you would edit your first post to create an issue report in line with the bug forum guidelines and format here. You can copy and paste the format from this topic.

To understand the reasons why we ask you to follow these guidelines please see below.

WHY WE ASK YOU TO FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES
Bugs/issues can be impossible or very time consuming to fix if developers don’t have enough information to reproduce them. Since CIS is free, development time is limited. So if you want your issue fixed, please use the format below to describe it.

To avoid clutter, issues not described in the format below your post will not be moved to the ‘moderator verified’ issues topic. This means that the developers may not look at it.

Best wishes and many thanks in anticipation

Mouse

We would very much appreciate it if you would edit your first post to create an issue report in line with the bug forum guidelines and format here. You can copy and paste the format from this topic.

Sorry, but I am not working for Comodo…
I understand your need to get the most detailed report you can get, but even this minor report is my good will to help you enhance the product, and you will have to satisfied with what I wrote.
Cheers.

Then this issue will not be looked at nor resolved by the Developers.
Have a good day.

nice attitude. it is your product. if you will be “black or white” you will not get far. the issue i reported is minor and easy to check. if you wish to pass it - suite yourselves.
This way me and others will re-consider notifying you about bugs and it is all downhill from there.
Have a good day.

The bug reporting format is a prerequisite to having bugs resolved. Failure to comply is stated in the above post by Mouse1 (post #2).
It is not my wish to discard your issue, this is your choice.

Sorry you feel this way, but this has been done to saved time all these question have to be answered for a chance of fixing any problems.

If you change your mind please post in this topic and a Moderator will moved it.

Moved to Orphaned/Resolved/Outdated Issues - CIS

Thank you

Dennis

Then this issue will not be looked at nor resolved by the Developers. Have a good day.

The good question is to know if even spending a lot of time testing and writing in the said format shall change anything.

As far as i am concerned, i don’t even have at the day speaking any feedback from a september 28th report, even for only acknowledging it was read (https://forums.comodo.com/format-verified-issue-reports-cis/os-cis-slow-to-unworkable-level-if-windows-group-policy-set-to-custom-wbz-t62471.0.html)