configuration CIS

Hi, when i right click on the Comodo icon in the menu there is the item “configuration”. When i pass the mouse on, it give me three options “Comodo Internet Security”, “comodo proactive security” and “Comodo Firewall security” … which one should I select?
Thanks and sorry for my english! :slight_smile:

Welcome to the forums. :slight_smile:

The CIS manual describes each of the configurations. You can pick whatever you prefer.

[b]COMODO - Internet Security[/b] - This configuration is activated by default, when both Antivirus and Firewall components are installed, i.e. the complete installation. Firewall is always set to Safe mode. But according to the malware scanning results performed during the setup process, if no malware is found, Defense+ is set to Clean PC mode. Otherwise, the default is Safe mode. In this mode,

Image Execution Control is disabled.

Computer Monitor/Disk/Keyboard/DNS Client access/Window Messages are NOT monitored.

Only commonly infected files/folders are protected against infection.

Only commonly exploited COM interfaces are protected.

Defense+ is tuned to prevent infection of the system.

If you wish to switch to Internet Security option, you can select the option using My Configurations interface.

[b]COMODO - Firewall Security[/b] - This configuration is activated when the user chooses to install Firewall only and selects optimum protection settings for Defense+ . Firewall is always set to Safe mode. But according to the malware scanning results performed during the setup process, if no malware is found, Defense+ is set to Clean PC mode. Otherwise, the default is Safe mode.

Image Execution Control checks only applications that are not started manually by the user.

Computer Monitor/Disk/Keyboard is NOT monitored.

Only commonly infected files/folders are protected against infection.

Only commonly exploited COM interfaces are protected.

Defense+ is tuned to prevent infection of the system and detect Internet access request leaks even if it is infected.

If you wish to switch to Firewall Security option, you can select the option using My Configurations interface.

[b]COMODO - Proactive Security[/b] - This configuration turns CIS into the ultimate protection machine. All possible protections are activated and all critical COM interfaces and files are protected. During the setup, if only Comodo Firewall installation option is selected, the next screen allows users to select this configuration as default CIS configuration. If selected, Firewall is always set to Safe mode. But according to the malware scanning results performed during the setup process, if no malware is found, Defense+ is set to Clean PC mode. Otherwise, the default is Safe mode.

If you wish to switch to Proactive Security option, you can select the option using My Configurations interface.

I selected “COMODO - Proactive Security” can i stay quiet?

That is the most secure setting, but you will get more alerts.

Today happens a strange fact
Comodo sayed that the ip 210.83.70.250 wanted to access at httpd.exe, is there a explanation ?
That Ip sound a bit scary :-[