Config to stop Firefox interference?

I suspect Comodo Free Firewall may be interfering with Firefox and it’s addons. I wonder how I might better configure Comodo Free Firewall 5.12.2562249.2599 to let Firefox and it’s addons function properly, please?

The problems relate to updating Firefox 31 and most of it’s addons. Just a couple examples: when an addon tries to save data, or when there’s a Firefox update (had an ‘update loop’ such that update after successfully applied still needed to be applied every time I looked and did).
I’ve explored ALL options implicating Firefox 31 and the addons, including of course un/re-installs. It’s a fresh install of Win7Pro32-bit (my first post-XP system).

What makes you think CFP is interfering with FF add ons? Do you see Firefox getting flagged in D+ logs?

Thank you very much, EricJH, for answering the question I should have asked. I will (find and) monitor the Firewall’s D+ logs! Any other monitoring I should do to determine if the Firewall is interfering with Firefox?

I am particularly interested to see if FF gets sandboxed.

When I View Logs, “Defense+ Events” is empty.

http://s28.postimg.org/4a7xfnwf1/comodo_ff.jpg

Firefox is frozen at the moment (can’t close FF window), and will require rebooting. (This is another symptom I previously mentioned in a thread at "Restart to Update" loop • mozillaZine Forums )

After a month without time to work on this machine, I had no issues upgrading Firefox to 32.0.3 and installing and configuring a few addons (which didn’t require restarting FF to install). I was encouraged when at some point Comodo popped up a message in which I told it to treat FF as a Trusted Ap…

But the first time I installed an addon which DID require restarting FF to install, after restarting FF has now been frozen for a half hour since the moment I clicked on Options to try to configure the addon.

This exact thing has happened with many different addons.

Once I rebooted Win7 the addon opened a new tab to signal it’s installation, and I could click Options and configure the addon.

From experience, I figure that with OS restarts I can successfully install my other addons, but obviously something is not right. Any help please?

[attachment deleted by admin]

In the topic you linked you are saying you are using Norton AV alongside CFP.

First try the follwing. Please make sure that there are no left overs of previously uninstalled security programs around. Not all uninstallers do a proper job. Left over applications, drivers or services can cause all sort of “interesting effects”.

Try using removal tools for those programs to remove them. Here is a list of removal tools for common av programs: ESET Knowledgebase .

When that does not make a difference we have to consider that NAV, CFP and FF may not be working nicely together. Could you temporarily uninstall NAV to see if that make a difference or not. Please make sure to run the Norton removal tool to be sure it is completely removed.

Thank you very much for your reply, EricJH!
I’ve never used other security programs on this Win7Pro OS. And not only is it a brand new fresh install, I already tried starting over with a second fresh install hoping to rectify this issue.

When that does not make a difference we have to consider that NAV, CFP and FF may not be working nicely together. Could you temporarily uninstall NAV to see if that make a difference or not. Please make sure to run the Norton removal tool to be sure it is completely removed.

Aaargh, I’d hate to not use any of those three beloved programs. But I can rather safely (by which I mean I don’t like to leave my OS without either CFP or antivirus) test this theory because I make system drive backup images which I can revert back to (so my OS need never know it was without the program I uninstalled). I’ll try Norton removal tool and report back.