Computers with CIS stoped working - Asta la vista CIS

Today afternoon (GMT+000) All my computers with COMODO CIS installed stoped working, simply didnt respond, we logged in and after that only thing that appears on screen is the mouse…

Had to reboot in safe mode, unistall Comodo CIS and restart normaly, after the unistall all got to normal.

This happened in ALL my machines with CIS (9 computers) among them one Intel Xeon 3ghz with 4Gb ram, all with same problem.

So Goodbye Comodo CIS it was good while it lasted!

I had the exact same problem on 2 different computers this morning.

The process cmdagent.exe was using 99% of my cpu.
Had to boot into safe mode and uninstall Comodo.

I also had the same problem, personally with 2 computers, and until now 2 of my clients called asking for help. Same problem, cmdagent.exe at 99%

This is urgent!!
I stopped the service, changed to “Manual”, wating for the Comodo stuff to solve this problem.

Hi,

please take a look here . the workaround is described there

https://forums.comodo.com/feedbackcommentsannouncementsnews_cis/workaround_for_the_99_cpu_problem_with_the_latest_virus_db_updates-t46150.0.html

eXPerience

Whell since the feedback was so fast, im gonna keep my trust with COMODO. :-TU

All computers with CIS 3.11 and CIS 3.12 crashed October, 7th about 12.00 caused possibly by untested or corrupted update code. I’ve lost two days to make over 60 PCs working properly…

It is very unusual to understand the fact, Computers with older CIS 3.10 stayed intact and worked normally.

I am waiting for response and apologize from Comodo for this beginners fault! … And I stay with Comodo. :wink:

Well i think i know why, as far as i know that version is no longer updated on the AV downloads, if you check their version number for the AV database it should stay behind on the 3.12 installs…

I am waiting for response and apologize from Comodo for this beginners fault! ... And I stay with Comodo. ;)

The Response

The Apologies

Edit by EricJH: fixed the apologies link