Computer will not start

Hello!

I installed Comodo on my Windows 8 hp laptop yesterday but didn’t bother to restart my computer. When I opened my laptop and logged in today, I got a bsod and a message saying “page fault in non-paged area” and the computer restarted itself. I thought that was weird but didn’t think much about it. But when the computer restarted, comodo opened up. It asked me about a couple of files and I chose to quarantine them both; I think they were called Unwanted or something that sounded unpleasant.

Then I got another bsod and another “page fault in non-paged area” message. And now the computer will not start. It’s sat there with the power buttons on and a black screen for about an hour. I don’t even get a windows or an hp screen. I have to assume comodo is at fault, because I’ve never received a bsod of death on this computer before and I’ve never had problems starting it before.

The computer is still under warranty, but I have data on the laptop that I NEED (my semi-completed doctoral dissertation - I can’t lose that). So does anyone know of a way to fix this or at least so I can start it up and save the files in Dropbox or something?

I am really really desperate, so I will take any suggestions. Or if this is the wrong forum, please let me know. (I’m trying a couple different forums, because I’m not sure where the right place is.)

Thank you!

Hi and welcome Poklapy,
You could try going to Windows safe mode to save your files or restore the system to an earlier point in time.
Windows 8 Safe Mode-HP Consumer Support

If the above fails, from the troubleshooting options you can refresh the system without losing personal files.
How to refresh, reset, or restore your PC-Microsoft

Hope that helps.

hello poklapy, I’m not sure if this will help, but I found a pretty informative vid from HP that may allow you to refresh your system to an earlier time. - YouTube

Hi Poklapy! If your notebook doesn’t display BIOS screen you could try this: Disconnect AC/DC power cables. Remove battery. Press and hold down power on button for at least 10 seconds. Connect power cables and try to boot.