Computer Slowdown When Using Comodo

Yes, I do also get this. CIS v8 definetly needs a preformance update.

On devices (notebooks, netbooks), perhaps because the cooling operation is inefficient is where most note that slow. In “Desktops” or PCs is little noticed, and is evident in system startup.

On devices (notebooks, netbooks), perhaps because the cooling operation is inefficient is where most note that slow. In “Desktops” or PCs is little noticed, and is evident in system startup.

In at least two notebooks with a clear system installations (windows 7 and windows XP) and comodo internet security that occurred slowly.

a lot of reports about slowdowns, so? what will you do about it mellih?

facing slowdown when doing Full Scan with CIS V7.0.317799.4142 - the system becomes unstable and almost all the RAM is eaten by CIS processes and cannot stop the scan because the Full Scan window become unresponsive, so I am forced to turn off the computer. Not tested with CIS 8. I think this may have something to do with the very large AV database with 35 million+ signatures and the slowdown is even harder when unpacking zipped files during the scan.

Specs: Intel I5 3,0 GHZ (Quad-Core) / 4GB Ram

Full Scan profile is set to ignore files larger than 40MB, cloud scan enabled and unpack zipped files enabled. Verify for PUPs is enabled. Heuristics set to High. The lag occours even when the scan priority is set to Background and nothing else opened besides Full Scan window.

Also this is a CLEAN installation.

Mine too.
it slow launching apps.
it slow browsing net…
it is also slow down using of visual studio. (even u need too some config for vs to run debugged projects…)
it even slow in launching CIS GUI alsooo… mine keep freeze for 30 sec >:(

i love comodo, i love auto sanfbox, i loveeeee virtual desktop, and i love Firewall. :-TU :-TU
but Antivirus data base should be better,
performance should be better,
speed and windows boot speed should be better

Thank you for your response, we are now working on AV Database engine and hope that we will get better results on performance.
Kind Regards,
Buket

Please send us details for the process, what is the cpu usage while this slight slowdown?

This is in relation to the antivirus component of CIS, I’ve noticed that when data is being written or read from the disk (Defragmenting the hard drive, or Downloading a big file) the antivirus scanner does take a bit of disk and cpu resources.

Revo installer (portable) doesn’t recognize (see cause I got 64bit os) CIS and I ran Comodo removal tool (0.3b) few times (uninstalling normally didn’t work (couldn’t get it started)) and processor usage was over 30% (5/8 cores being under heavy load (~60%) by some unknown). That removal tool said that cfp.exe and other CIS-files weren’t even running but still CIS diagnostic said no problems (filed a bug thread where that report is attached) although it says same on my 2nd computer when CIS reports that Comodo Agent can’t be started (doesn’t tell why and its always weekend when that error comes) and rebooting comp solves that until next time (CIS has been uninstalled few times and always removal tool has been used).

Slowage got fixed by formatting hdd and reinstalling os and reinstalling CIS, no idea what caused it (besides MS hotfix maybe) broken CIS since couldn’t even get to view Windows logs.

Since COMODO staff are reading this, Make an OFFICIAL uninstaller to remove CIS that is avaliable to the public. This will not only allow people to safely remove CIS when it’s installer fails but will also help people with issues like this.

The CIS uninstaller it’s self doesn’t cleanly remove the product from the machine. Lots of folders and registry keys still left over.

I mean seriously how many people would it take to make a COMODO uninstaller for CIS? Instead of subjecting people to use these “Mod uninstallers”.

I agree 100%, most of these slowdown problems are caused by leftovers of old CIS installations. Comodo should make a OFFICIAL uninstaller tool for CIS and made it available in the main website, these mod uninstaller tools does not solve all the problems and are hidden in the forums, not everyone acess the forums.

Also como should update that OFFICIAL removal tool everytime a new CIS version is released and make sure that ALL traces, files, registry keys are removed without damaging the system. That way uninstalling/re-installing CIS would be much more easier.

The tool you used is old and not suited for CIS v7 or v8. It’s better to use the removal tool attached to Chiron’s topic start.

Slowage got fixed by formatting hdd and reinstalling os and reinstalling CIS, no idea what caused it (besides MS hotfix maybe) broken CIS since couldn't even get to view Windows logs.
This in its self would be worth a bug report.

Good to know. :slight_smile:

Just to make this topic better with informations. Ive told:

• When I try to open the CIS main gui it is SLOOOOOOWW as hell and a lot of times the main GUI doesnt open so I have to double click systray icon atleast 8 times to have the main gui open;
  • When I try to right click a file and scan with CIS the scanning gui doesnt open and that happens almost everytime;
  • When I start my computer, sometimes the systray icon takes too long to shows up.

EDIT.: Just to clarify. If I try to right click and manualy scan a file the scanning gui takes too long to shows up and a lot of times the gui doesnt shows up but if the file is a malware the warning window shows up fast anough.

Now I will scream something, again: If I try to right click and manualy scan a file the scanning gui takes too long to shows up and a lot of times the gui doesnt shows up but if the file is a malware the warning window shows up fast enough!!!

“Please” solve this issue.

See how ridiculous is it? A user asking with “please” for a bug fix that is there for about 3 years…

Hey Rigo,

We need you to fill in the bug report to proceed: Comodo Forum .and please kindly point out the difference between Win 8 and Win 7 in that report.

Harry Hi, thank you for the detailed feedback. We will be investigating the issue.

Regards
Buket

Hi, Can you please report it with a dump if you can get one ? Comodo Forum. (The reports are submitted to this board: Comodo Forum)

Thank you,
Buket

my scan didn’t finish has CIS diagnostic report attached after uninstall and reinstall due CIS bugging after bsod and hotfix for that and win 7 fixed something in boot and after that uninstalling and installing progs were impossible (outside running CIS removal tool few times).

Revo uninstaller latest free version is 1.95 and portable sees CIS now but it didn’t cause normal uninstall attempt had apparently deleted CIS from control panel’s programs and features.

I would if I still had this bug. If anyone else has this problem should report this.

Strange thing is after increasing log file to 100MB, ran file rating Scan from main UI (this part I’ve never used before as I always thought it was Comodo AV related even though I don’t install Comodo AV), switched HIPS to disabled to Clean and back to Safe mode a couple of times.

That seems to have stopped the prolonged cmdagent.exe cpu usage at 25% or delay/lag for everything like starting and using most programs (even Comodo alerts). I only install and use Firewall(custom)/HIPS(safe) in Proactive, once set I never touch those parts again, except this time.

Now when cmdagent.exe does use processor it’s only for a second or two without any delay/lag to anything else. Comodo feels very light again like in Win8.1.

May be the problem is with the log file size. Can you see what happens when you set it back to 20 MB and if the problem returns or not?