Computer Security

Here is a test done by Malware Tests
http://malwareresearchgroup.com/?page_id=2 Comodo detected 96.2%

This can change depending on heuristics setting

Thank you very much for the promt reply.

I’ll stick with Avira for the time being. But I’ll test COMODO’s AV as soon as the next build of COMODO 3.9 is out and check out results.

As for now, :comodorocks:

3.9 went final today.
Get it here. Clean fresh install is the way to go lots of improvements.

https://forums.comodo.com/feedbackcommentsannouncementsnews_cis/comodo_internet_security_3976924507_released-t39202.0.html

IMHO full on properly configured CIS is all anyone needs.
The only virus that counts is the next one that tries to get you, they can’t test the virus that comes out this afternoon or tomorrow.
Prevention is First. AV’s are traditionally fighting a game of catch-up into perpetuity.
Given this the AV in CIS as a part of the whole package, working in synergy is light and more than up to the job of defending a PC.

IMHO

Later

I am going to switch to CIS cause it detected at least 5 viruses that my current av did not detect and anyway that combined with the correct use of a firewall and D+ is flawless.

mind if I ask what your current av was?

My current AV was avira antivir. And CIS found another 2 with high heuristics.

btw about that 20MB limit on av scans does anyone suggest a higher file size maybe or is it enough? Is there a way to force it to scan everything?

You can set it to 10GB in realtime and all the other scans it will just tell you it will slow down scanning
Oh and in real time if you want it to scan 10GB set the “If it takes longer than 60 seconds to scan stop” to 999 seconds

EDIT:mistake

Well yes i can do that but that will only scan files smaller than 10GB what about an archive of 20GB? There should be an option to scan all files no matter what size or type. If there is one I don’t see it.

That is the thing, if there is a virus in a 20GB archive when you extract it it will be catched by realtime

I have come up with a sollutuion to scan all Set it to your harddrive size or to 1 terabyte ;D

:slight_smile: That makes sense as you cannot get a file larger than your hard drive. ;D