Computer Security Policy switches from trusted to custom policy

I have set many of my known programs to trusted, & they are marked as such (Photoshop5LE, Macro Express 4, Powerquest, etc). But Computer Security Policy switches from trusted to custom policy at a later time???
then will not allow me to change (disabled button).
How do I get Comodo to STAY the way I want?
Greg

Hi Greg, welcome to the forums.

There are several reasons why CIS might change Defense+ Computer Security Policy rules from Trusted Application to Custom policy. One could be Defense+ Mode, where in Safe Mode CIS is allowed to create rules for safe executables or Training Mode (that always creates rules). Another might be where the Trusted Application is given approval by the user to do something (eg. execute another process or write to either disk or registry) that is not explicitly approved of in the Trusted Application predefined rule (which none of these actions are). In these circumstances CIS will use the Trusted Application policy as a template, add the what the user approved (or denied) and rename the rule to Custom policy.

I hope that helps.

OK, I think that helps…
Now, what do I set so that ex: Macro Express is NEVER again shown as a problem/popup by Comodo ??
Which ‘flags’ do I set for this?

and continuing, how to set Macro express to run ANY of it’s files in it’s directory (I trust it) without Comodo questioning me/it???
Thanks, Greg

It isn’t exactly safe to give something like this (a macro app) full permission to do anything (execute/delete/write) it wants (which is probably why there is not a simple switch). However, it is done by the following: Edit the macro apps Computer Policy Rule, select the Access Rights. Click on Modify for Run as executable, selecting Add → Browse… and then entering a “*” (less the quotes) into Add new item field. press “+” button and then the Apply button. Allowed Applications should now have the * (which means execute anything) - press OK. Ensure all other default actions are set to Allow and hit Apply (x3). Now that will stop that application causing D+ alerts… but, not the AV (it would need to be excluded) or the Firewall. It would probably also help to add the macro app’s installation folder (including sub-folders) to D+ My Own Safe Files.

Ah… Thanks, That’s what I was looking for. (Macro Express is a very trusted program). The av aspect is fine…
It is irratating when I want to image C:\ & comodo keeps asking me if DriveImage 6,etc. is ok…
Greg