Computer getting slow after a while of uptime

Then i have to install CIS again and wait some days for the problem.

I am sorry if I was a bit unclear, sorry

Yes, it’s a bug in CIS…but how does that affect you?

Just curious, you don’t have to answer me.
I’ll leave you alone now.
Good luck.
8)

I have shown that in the other thread :slight_smile:

Applications are crashing cause of a corrupt dll.

Hi Zappe. In the past their have been some issues with Malwarebytes Real time and Comodo Defense+, if you want to keep Malwarebytes in Real time mode, I would try disabling Defense+ by ticking Disable defense+permanently and rebooting.
This link might or might not be of some help
https://forums.comodo.com/format-verified-issue-reports-cis/default-install-of-cis-501626361135-makes-mbamserviceexe-a-cpu-hog-280-t62437.0.html;msg440613#msg440613
Kind regards.

Ok, I installed CIS again and the absolute first problem I get after reboot is that Firefox is crashing.

ProductName: Firefox
ReleaseChannel: release
SecondsSinceLastCrash: 421
StartupTime: 1302431164
SystemMemoryUsePercentage: 34
Theme: classic/1.0
Throttleable: 1
TotalVirtualMemory: 4294836224
URL: xxxx
Vendor: Mozilla
Version: 4.0
Winsock_LSP: MSAFD Tcpip [TCP/IPv6] : 2 : 1 : %SystemRoot%\system32\mswsock.dll
MSAFD Tcpip [UDP/IPv6] : 2 : 2 :
MSAFD Tcpip [RAW/IPv6] : 2 : 3 : %SystemRoot%\system32\mswsock.dll
MSAFD Tcpip [TCP/IP] : 2 : 1 :
MSAFD Tcpip [UDP/IP] : 2 : 2 : %SystemRoot%\system32\mswsock.dll
MSAFD Tcpip [RAW/IP] : 2 : 3 :
RSVP TCPv6 Service Provider : 2 : 1 : %SystemRoot%\system32\mswsock.dll
RSVP TCP Service Provider : 2 : 1 :
RSVP UDPv6 Service Provider : 2 : 2 : %SystemRoot%\system32\mswsock.dll
RSVP UDP Service Provider : 2 : 2 :

This report also contains technical information about

Here’s my d+ log files after reboot. Most of the programs are working fine except Firefox that’s crashing and freeze lagging.

Maybe CIS doesn’t like ProcessLasso?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sometimes when a program is doing a lot of memory access attempts on the CIS files that may set up CIS using it above normal CPU cycles (it is protecting its self).

You can try to allow Process Lasso memory access to CIS.

To resolve the memory access problem:

Select Defense+ → Computer Security Policy.
Scroll down to Comodo Internet Security, select Edit → Protection Settings.
Interprocess memory Access (Active Yes) select Modify → Add -->Now use Running Processes or Browse to point to the concerned file(s) .
Then just “Apply” to each window as you exit.

I actually disabled D+ like captainsticks said and everything is back to normal, so I guess this is a D+ problem.

How shall i continue?

Maybe move this thread to d+ section?

Moved.

Please consider filing a bug report in the Bug Reports - CIS board following the format as described in FORMAT & GUIDE - just COPY/PASTE it!.

Add it here CIS —> Defense+ —> Computer Security Policy —> Defense+ Rules → click on Internet Security and then edit —> Use a Constom Policy —> customize —> Protection Settings —> Access Rights —> Find Interprocess Memory Accesses and click on Modify —> Allowed Memory Applications —> add —> Running process and then find the exe file.

Keep in mind that CIS now may be vulnerable to attacks and infections. so it’s this is your choice.

Regards,
Valentin N

But that’s not the only problem I get. There got to be something underneath that’s breaking D+.

for what I saw in your previous post the ProcessLasso is making d+ very active that might slow down your pc.

Download the Process Monitor from systernals.

1ºSelect the show Registry activity; File System activity; Network Activity; Process and Thread Activity
2º Enable Auto-Scroll

wait until you see the Buggy slowdown on your computer and watch in the Process Monitor what the computer is manly doing.

This will help you troubleshoot the slowdown problem.

There’s ALOT happening, mostly mbamservice.exe, cfp.exe, cmdagent.exe, firefox.exe, svchost.exe.

I also note that cmdagent.exe is up to 200 hard faults/sec and that’s without me doing something special, just that the comp. has been up for about 2 days. So the slowdown seems to be related to CIS.

And I can also say that D+ is still turned off, so maybe this thread is in the wrong place again?

I will move it to the Install/Setup board if you like.

On a sidenote. This could be interesting stuff for a bug report. Let your computer run for a week and see where things are. Then consider filing a bug report.

Where to put the thread I’ll leave to you :slight_smile:

A bug report is filed.