Computer Crash

Hi,

I have been using both Dragon and IceDragon for a while now. Both portable versions through Sandboxie.
I noticed that with IceDragon I would an intermittent crash (PC auto reboot) when visiting itv.com so I stopped using IceDragon for that site and all was fine…until today.

Today I updated Dragon and soon after I was met with the same PC reboot problem when using itv.com

I wonder if there is something in the update that caused this issue or if it is just coincidence…and if this can be addressed for both browsers.

Unfortunately this is very unpredictable so I imagine very hard reproduce. I downloaded Blue Screen View and it tells me that the issue is caused by win32k.sys and the other driver found in stack is ntoskrnl.exe and the Bug Check String is KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_ NOT_HANDLED

I hope this info is of use.

Dragon: Version 23.3.0.0 (portable)
Ice Dragon: Version 17.0.1.0 (Portable Edition)

Hello,

Please provide us with the following information:

1. Operating system.
  2. Other security software installed.
  3. Extensions that you are using.

Also, try to reproduce the issue with another browser (Firefox or Chrome for example) and let us know of the results.

Thank you.

Hello,

Answers to your requested information:

1. Operating System = Windows XP Pro Service Pack 3
  2. Other Security Software = Comodo Internet Security 5.12.256249.2599
  3. No extensions

I am unable to reproduce the problem with Firefox 17.0 or Internet Explorer 8, as both work fine every time.
I do not have Chrome installed.

All Windows critical updates have been installed.

I hope this helps,

Thank you.

Hi,

I understand that due to the unpredictable nature of this issue that this is a difficult issue to investigate.

Please see the bugcheck dumprep at http://www.4shared.com/file/AoinFnXL/Mini021113-01.html
for more information.

Please let me know if this is of use.

Kind regards,
Ed.

Hello,

The dump file indicates there’s a problem with Flash Player. My suggestion would be that you make sure that Flash Player is updated to the latest version.
Also, win32k.sys is known to crash due to some video drivers issues. Try installing a different driver version and see if the issue reproduces in the future.

Thank you.

Hello,

I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to look at this for me. My Flash Player is the latest version and seeing as this seems to be only happening to me I guess it must be a hardware issue.

I’ll try the video driver route.

Thank you