Comp Locks-UP Leaving LAN w/ BOC424 Active....

P4 Intel 80G/512/XPPro/SP1+++/Avg Free AV/ S&D Tea Timer active/Reg. Scans w/AVG AS & AAW & Spybot. CCleaner (mild sets) used daily.Sea Monkey Exclusive Browser w Sun Java 1.4.2_15. Router.

I have noticed, after browsing web for some time (1 or more hrs.), if I try to disable LAN connection (for main use desktop comp) while BOC is active, it is often very slow to disconnect or even occasionally ,in addition to slow disconnect, several actions may not function (right click Recycle, CAD for Task Mgr, Turn off computer. Last time had to “hard reboot” via HD button.

This never occurs IF I disable BOC before trying to disconnect from net. So now I shut down BOC first.
(Dr…It Hurts When I Do This…So Don’t Do That! LOL).

Often this would be when temp files are quite loaded from browsing before using CC to empty (could be a red herring) or wondered if BOC is still checking (or removing something:never happened so far report always blank.) some status before freeing up all?
Seems more frequent & severe since latest update to Java (1 week ago?).
Any others report similar? Thanks for any suggestions on this. Sandy (:HUG) (:WIN)

PS: Have noticed stumbling/jerking of video when playing local Active -X shooting game (Pop Cap Zuma Deluxe Only) requiring several shots per second. Doesn’t happen w/ BOC disabled. Not a problem really, suspect slight interruption of video flow. (:WIN)

i tried playing “zuba” (online) and i didn’t notice any problems… i know that doesn’t help you as far as resolving whatever problems you are having…

i haven’t noticed any problems with the new version of BOC, BOC 4.24…

maybe you could try contacting “comodo support” about the problems that you are having and then maybe someone at comodo will look into it…

Thanks for the reply & suggestion, redwolfe_98. The more I consider :THNK, the more I’m inclined to believe the latest 1.4.2_xx java is mostly the source of the problem. (:WIN)

sandy, this might not help, but you could check to make sure that you have the latest versions of sun’s “java” and adobe’s “flashplayer”…

with sun java, i think there are two choices, a 1.5x/5x version or a 1.6x/6x version… also, you should uninstall all of the older versions of “java” that you have on your computer, uninstalling them from “add/remove”…

if you are going to update adobe “flashplayer”, you need to use a special tool for uninstalling the old version before installing the new version… here is a link to the webpage with the uninstaller:

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_14157&sliceId=2