COMODO's UI Freezes Constantly

Hello, I noticed that COMODO’s UI freezes randomly and the only way to fix it is signing out. Even if I keep clicking, no grey thing comes up and I don’t get the “not responding” window. Running windows 8 64-bit. Avast! Internet security with no firewall, SUPERantispyware, malwarebytes PRO.

Which version of CIS are you using v6 or v5.x? Are you running the Comodo Firewall or the complete suite?

What happens when you disable the real time shield of SAS?

Make sure that left overs of previously installed security programs are no longer around by removing possible left overs with cleanup tools of those programs. Leftovers can cause all sort of strange results A list of such tools can be found here: ESET Knowledgebase .

I am using 6.0 and SAS does not have real time shields.

I am sorry. I mean to ask to disable the real time shield of MBAM Pro. There are reported compatibility issues with MBAM Pro.

Okay. I’ll try that.

Recently MalwareBytes Came out with an update also version 1.70.0.1100.
I am running CIS 6, MBAM Pro shield active,SAS shield active with no problems under win 8 x64.

I have the same issue on my computer with Comodo Firewall 6 (AV not installed). The only security product I have installed is NOD32 (64-bit) and Spyware S&D. OS is Windows 7. After enabling defense+ and setting it to “Safe Mode”, when the Comodo GUI pops up to ask for a response, I am unable to select anything and both the app that it’s asking about as well as Comodo become unresponsive. I have no idea what is causing the problem but it’s frustrating. CIS 5 worked great on my computer. This CIS 6 DOES NOT function well.