Comodo's Sandboxing of browsers

I’m eagerly awaiting CIS but I will not touch the beta. So, can anyone tell me if there are options within Comodo’s sandbox feature that will allow a user to run a browser sandboxed but have the option to only allow things like bookmarks, cookies, add-ons, ect. to be saved to the hard drive and block everything else? Say I downloaded a trojan while browsing the internet, and then I tried to bookmark a page and install an add-on. Comodo would give an option on what to save to the hard drive…only the bookmark and add-on would be allowed to be saved after the browser is closed.

If CIS detected a virus it would not only delete the virus but clear everything else out of the sandbox as well.

I realize this seems very close to what Sandboxie does, but Sandboxie has been tailored to use with web browsers and provides ease of use and security.

May be somebody will give you a more professional opinion, but to my mind if you want to sandbox a browser you’d better use Sandboxie. It was created for this purpose and works excellent

Comodo sandbox has levels that could be configured for the browsers.
It’s not prepared as simple as avast sandbox (paid). See screenshot.

The Comodo Sandbox is essentially an automated Defense+. It will deny any applications running in it many privileges, but to make it compatible with most software it must allow certain actions.

Add a file to the “trust” list, just remove it from sandbox at all…
As the Comodo sandbox is not a full sandbox. Basically the Comodo sandbox is a mix of user friendly easiness and adding a bit security (just reducing some rights). For unexperienced users it might be a help, but it is not a standalone sandbox.

[attachment deleted by admin]

OK thank you. I’ll have to look into it when it comes out. But I still don’t really see the point of needing a sandbox other than to isolate the browser and prevent downloads from touching the PC.

I hope Comodo considers this in the future.

I'll have to look into it when it comes out. But I still don't really see the point of needing a sandbox other than to isolate the browser and prevent downloads from touching the PC.
Just an idea. Lets use firefox for example. You have your firefox for regular use (no sandbox), and you can also have a "Portable version of firefox to have sandbox permanently :)