Comodo's quarantine list is empy, while Avira finds a lot of viruses there !

Hello to all,

I run Avira Antivir personal 10.2.0.696 along with CIS premium 5.4.189822.1355 on Win 7.

Comodo tells me in its Quarantine window that there ARE NO QUARANTINED ITEMS (the window is totally empty), while Avira Antivir keeps telling me that X viruses were found in 'C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\Quarantine\Temp' with no possibility to remove them (since it’s a protected folder).

So, every few minutes I have a popup window by Avira which tells me that Y viruses were found… and this is really annoying (:AGY)

I’ve tried manually to delete the folder (C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\Quarantine\Temp) through safe mode, but to no avail. When I started windows normally, Avira continued to notify that viruses were detected…

This issues has been already discussed here: https://forums.comodo.com/other-security-products/comodo-54-189822-1355-installed-but-avira-detects-3-viruses-in-comodo-tmp-file-t72558.0.html.

How can it be that Comodo states that there are no quarantined items, while Avira finds them (and can’t remove them) ?

The only solution I can think of, is to reinstall Comodo but without the Antivirus this time…

Please Advise.

Thanks a lot!

quarantine temp folder is where comodo keeps updates before they are merged with the main base.cav file, at least from what I can tell. And becasue they are unencrypted, avira detects them as malware when in reality they are signature for the comodo av.

The biggest problem you have is your running two AVs at the same time. Keep only one, keep avira and uninstall CAV or keep CIS. Not both, these are the type of problems you can see, but in reality there are even more interactions between the software that you can’t see and can cause problems.

You could always add the quarantine\temp folder to Avira’s exceptions list.

I was running avira before switching to Comodo. Comodo found viruses and suspicious files not detected by Avira that I reall didn’t want on my comptuer and my computer also sped up. I still have Avira running on one computer but for the most part I have been switching off of it.

Thank you all for your advices !

I don’t know whether my post had something to do with it, but after I updated my Comodo few days after I posted my question here, the issue disappeared!

Now I run version 5.5.195786.1383.

Thanks again :slight_smile: