Comodo's GUI is now loading when system tray loads - How do I stop this?

Comodo’s Firewall GUI started loading when Window’s tray loads. I don’t mind it loading in the tray, but having to wait for it to load on the desktop, then having to click it off is inconvenient. I prefer calling my apps when I want to see them. How can I stop this behavior. It is doing it on both my computers. Also, in the Miscellaneous tab, the “Browse Support Forums” link does not work.

Serial #: 439D157F43DA497699E1A62445F33453

Product #: 3.8.65951.477

Try this: https://forums.comodo.com/empty-t29394.0.html

Note: if I find more I’ll add to this.

Also, the startup key should have -h at the end. This hides the GUI upon starting CIS.

The support forum link in Miscellaneous is working fine for me. Have you tried running diagnostics?

Replying to both LaserWraith and Lysias,

LaserWraith,
I have found two startups in the msconfig console, as well as my copy of “Autoruns” utility, from Microsoft. I went to the registry to see what has happened. I found two entries, using different names, as follows:

COMODO Firewall Pro ------------ “C:\Program Files\COMODO\Firewall\cfp.exe” -h
COMODO Internet Security ------- “C:\Program Files\COMODO\Firewall\cfp.exe” -h

I’m assuming someone slipped up and renamed the registry’s “Run” entry.

Which one is current? I prefer deleting the erroneous culprit rather than bloating my registry with unnecessary entries.

Lysias,
Both have -h as a suffix. Shouldn’t they both be hidden?

I think they are both the same…but delete the “COMODO Firewall Pro” one because the other one has the right/latest name. :slight_smile:

Thank you! Thought so. I’ll get back with you and let you know the results.

I deleted the entry you suggested and the GUI did not load this time. :-TU

I also ran diagnostics on Comodo, as suggested earlier concerning the “Browse Support Forums” link in the Miscellaneous tab. Comodo found no problems. The problem persists. All the other buttons work, so I’ll just have to get here the way I did today.

Funny…the forums link in CIS works for me. :-\

I think, when you have two startup keys, the first one starts CIS with the GUI minimized and the second one then restores the GUI, regardless of the -h switch. But good to hear you solved your problem!

edit: spelling…

I See, makes sense.

Couldn’t have resolved it without you fine people. Thank you all very much!

And to whom it may concern - “Lift up your heads, your redemption draweth nigh.”, and if you’re not concerned, I’m workin on that.