Comodo's guard32.dll registry entry

Hello,

I am running the CIS on my Xp Home sp3 PC with no problems since a long time.

Today I scanned my computer with three additional programs.
Malwarebytes and DrwebCureIt found no infections, but I also scanned with Norman Malware Cleaner and it contained the following at the beginning of its log.

Running pre-scan cleanup routine... Potentially unwanted registry value: 'HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows --> AppInit_DLLs = C:\WINDOWS\system32\guard32.dll' Modified registry value: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows --> AppInit_DLLs from ' C:\WINDOWS\system32\guard32.dll' to '' Potentially unwanted settings in service: '(null)' Cleaning operation failed (Error code: 0x0000042C)

Number of malicious objects found: 2
Number of malicious objects cleaned: 1

Im not that tech savy to understand what has been done there.

I do not assume the entries were harmful, but I’m not sure if Norman changed anything important there when trying to clean them.
Since guard32.dll seems to be a part of Comodo I am posting it here and looking for some input.

TIA :wink:

The guard32.dll belongs to CIS and starts with Windows. This is a false positive by Norman. Please submit it to Norman as false positive.

Thank you. But could you take a look again and my above quote from the Norman report?
It’s hard to understand for me, but it seems that Norman attepted to clean/repair/change something with that rtegistry entry and that it managed to do so in one case.

I’m now wondering, if Norman hasn’t done something bad to these CIS settings? … although at first glance, CIS seems to be working fine.

Let CIS run Diagnostics (that can be found under More) and see if it finds something and it needs to be repaired.