Comodo won't "treat programs"

Hi

I installed Comodo on my Win 7 x64 system a couple of months ago and it ran fine. I disabled Windows UAC before installing it and I didn’t think I would need it with Comodo.

But just yesterday, I enabled it to test out a piece of software. After restarting my computer, Comodo started prompting me for everything all over again, including my trusted programs. Even worse it didn’t give me the ability to “treat this application as” a trusted/limited/system/etc program. The only option it gave me was “treat this application as” “Installer or Updater.”

So I did the obvious thing and disabled UAC, but after restarting the computer, the problem persists. I still get prompted for everthing and I still can’t get it trust programs.

How do I fix this?

Thanks,
Richard

Sometimes when Comodo crashes people loose the rules they made. Can you see if in your case also the Predefined Security Policies got affected as well? Look under Defense + → Advanced.

Predefined security policies is empty.

Does that define the rules for how Defense+ allows you to treat applications?

I’m not really concerned about re-doing the rules I made for applications. I’m more concerned that I don’t have the option to trust applications at all so I have to click through a dozen prompts every time I open a program.

Indeed

I'm not really concerned about re-doing the rules I made for applications. I'm more concerned that I don't have the option to trust applications at all so I have to click through a dozen prompts every time I open a program.
Since you are already starting from scratch. Try loading a back up configuration and activate it.

In the CIS installation folder you will find the configuration back up files of all four configurations. Import the one you always use under Miscellaneous → Manage My Configurations → Import. Then you will have the Predefined Defense + policies back; if other things also got messed up that will be corrected too.

That worked.

Thanks.

Hi,

I’m having the same problem with the Predefined Security Policies missing.
I too run Win 7 x64 but I never disabled the UAC.
I don’t know exactly when the policies disappeared from the config so I can’t tell what might have caused it.

Is there an other way to get them back instead of importing the backup from the Comodo installation folder ?
I made a lot of custom rules for my firewall and importing the “default” backup would force me to re-enter everything.

As a side note, I find it very annoying how Comodo handles the backing up of the configuration.
It’s a “all or nothing” approach that makes situation like this very difficult to fix.
There should be a way to have a more granular approach for each component of CIS.

I see no other way. Make sure to export your configuration on a regular basis.

Being able to export certain elements of a configuration sounds like a nice idea.

I had the same problem where the Defense+ Predefined Security Policies was empty. Importing the Proactive Security file and then activating it made Comodo start from fresh but now I know that the rules are working.