Comodo won't let one of my apps open

I just installed Comodo and most of the apps requiring internet access work ok. I’ve got a voip app called Magic Jack and Comodo won’t let it open and access the internet. I’ve tried making it a trusted app and that didn’t help. Anyone suggest a fix?

You could try removing the USB and Magic Jack from D+ and Firewall security policies and purging both. Start over and allow, remembering the answers.

HE!!O aldago (:WAV)
In addition to Hikertrash helpful idea, Try customizing Magic Jack from your Def+

:■■■■ :■■■■ :■■■■

Maybe there is a global rule preventing it from gaining access to internet?

Remove MAGIC JACK from your FIREWALL and DEFENSE+ NETWORK SECURITY POLICY then Run MAGIC JACK again. If Alert comes out, ALLOW/TRUST and REMEMBER it.

:THNK :THNK :THNK

G’day,

If the Magic Jack application runs only from a USB device, then you cannot make it a trusted app and it will always display alerts. This is because removable devices are impossible to trust as they can be removed from the trusted system and used on external untrusted systems.

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

It appears someone has found a way to get around this link below.
Dennis
https://forums.comodo.com/help_for_v3/portable_apps-t21507.0.html;msg197842#msg197842

While this method would work, i simply can’t recommend it.

This method is only suitable if you trust every other PC you stuff your USB device into as much as you trust your own PC.

Ewen :slight_smile:

Thanks I was wondering if you were opening a door it seems a very big one.
Dennis

I suppose it would be prudent to run an AV/AS scan after using it on other computers. Still, although it appeared to not purge D+ permissions for Hugh, with the USB unattached, that “function” didn’t work for me. As long as I don’t purge with the USB unattached it retains permissions.