Comodo widget

Hi, i’m new here but i’m using cis for a long time. The problem i have is that, in widget browser window, there are browser icons, i have removed opera but that icon is still there…how can i remove that icon?

ss in attachment

Thanks in advance.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi and welcome.

Have you restarted your computer after un-installing opera? If not, please do so.

thank you…yes…i have restarted my pc several times, icon is still there…

Ah, I believe CIS gets browsers from registry keys, I think they have been posted somewhere before, I will try and see if I can find the post saying which keys.
I’m guessing there was a registry key that wasn’t removed when you un-installed opera.

i have clean registry with ccleaner but, obviusly, it did’t do job quite well…thanks for help…

I think I found the location of the keys, posted by Radaghast here: https://forums.comodo.com/install-setup-configuration-help-cis/adding-browsers-to-the-widgethelp-please-t91611.0.html the location in the registry is: “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\StartMenuInternet” so if possible, could you back up your registry and after that navigate to the folder and then delete Opera and after that restart your computer again and see if it’s gone?

ok…going now to that…thx…

Nop, there’s no Opera folder inside, only Dragon and IE…

Hmm =/ Then I have no idea, perhaps you could re-install Opera and then un-install it again, it could possibly remove some file that was not removed the last time.
If that doesn’t work then I don’t know what to do and you’d have to wait for someone else to help you.

ok, thx very much, i will try with reinstalation…

I’ve updated the aforementioned thread:

Re: Adding browsers to the widget.Help please.?

Opera should be removed from the widget if you remove the entries for Opera under the following keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\StartMenuInternet
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Clients\StartMenuInternet

@Radaghast
Hello,
i have tryed, but on that locations, there are no opera traces…ss in attach…

Hi glista,
Caution with the registry.
Check the following locations.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OPERA 32-Bit
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\OPERA 64-Bit

Hi,

i did, there are no folders named Opera on that locations… ???

Right now, I have no idea. For me, uninstalling Opera removes the option from the widget. Alternatively, if I leave Opera installed but delete the keys mentioned above, it removes the item from the widget.

i have tryed with ice dragon, removed him and icon was still there, but when i deleted folder in registry from this location HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\StartMenuInternet, the icon gone from widget…only opera i can not find…can you tell me, how did you removed opera? from cpanel or some other option? oh i forgot to say, os is win8…

thx

I just used Control Panel/Programs and Features to remove Opera, however, I’m using Windows 7. I’ll look at Windows 8 tomorrow.

Hi glista,
Apologies for not asking your OS version earlier.
I have worked out the commands to remove them from Win 7 in case they were not visible for some reason.
I am running blind now as I do not have Win 8, sorry.

Radaghast thanks greatly for all your time and effort. :slight_smile:

I’ve had a look at Windows 8 and not surprisingly, the behaviour is the same. Removing Opera from Programs and Features also removes the Opera icon from the widget. Likewise, leaving Opera installed and deleting the appropriate key for x86/x64 also removes the icon form the widget.

Then problem is in my machine and my procedures, thank you very much for helping me in any way.