COMODO Vulnerability Analyzer Version 1.0.1.18 (BETA) Released

LOL! How come CVA found more Windows updates than “Windows Updates” did?

Ewen :slight_smile:

told you we were good :slight_smile:

Melih

Funny… The same thing happened to me!!

Edit: Is this a FP? (I thought Apple fixed this vulnerability):

Josh

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi Josh,

This is not a False Positive. And you are right, Apple did fixed this vulnerability in QuickTime 7.5. Currently you are running QuickTime 7.4.5, thus the CVA alert.
Ref URLs:
http://www.us-cert.gov/cas/techalerts/TA08-162C.html
http://lists.apple.com/archives/security-announce/2008/Jun/msg00000.html

You can download the latest version via Software Update preferences, or from Apple Downloads (Download QuickTime 7.7.9 for Windows).

Rahul

Hi Ragwing,
Regarding covering BETA products, so far we are covering only google.
As of now we have decided not to include BETAs in general, we would consider this request to show these on option bases. Not a bad idea.

Regarding it’s Vulnerability Analyzer and it should cover updates also, when a system is found to be having an older version of product but not vulnerable it is shown under ‘Updates Available’ section.

Regarding Liron Jan’s remark that it doesn’t show eMule version under ‘Updates Available’ section, we are in the process of covering all famous P2P products, we first cover latest version and then cover older versions, so you might see this version under ‘Updates Available’ section soon.

Thanks
-umesh

Thanks Rahul.

I should off noticed this on filehippo.

Now running iTunes 7.6.2.9 :slight_smile:

Josh

Anytime. :slight_smile:

Got a question about the Enterprise version, how’s that gonna be ? agent ? agentless ?
i’ve been beta testing Secunia’s NSI and wondering now if i have to sit and wait (:WIN)

how would you like it?

Melih

Both have pro’s and con’s of course, if you do agent’s then you have to “update” them if there’s a new version.
And with 2000+ pc’s with central management that’s not the biggest problem but the problem is with this kind of stuff, the test pc / test server under the desk of somebody who didn’t use the “centrally managed install”.
and those have the greatest risk of being vulnerable because of the “manual” install, and only get used “sometimes” to test stuff.

If you want to scan agentless and do this within reasonable time you need a lot of threads on a big machine.

It would be nice if both where available and that you can scan an ip range and say check all hosts for availability of the latest CVA agent and if not, do a “remote” scan and report so we can “fix” the missing Agent.

Hi Guys,
Just to let you know, we have postponed release of CVA to Thursday 28th Aug, 2008

Thanks
-umesh

Thanks for the update.
I’ll be in Londen Wednesday and Thursday so it’s no problem for me (:WIN)

Thanks for the update and i’ll keep my eyes open on the 28th!

Thanks for the update.

:slight_smile:

Is it another beta or a production release?

Thanks for the update.

Josh

Hi Guys,
We have postponed release to 2nd Sep, 2008.

It will be BETA release with following features added:

1. CVA Scheduling
  2. Report Generation
  3. Submitting information about non-detected products to Comodo

With improved GUI.

Thanks
-umesh

Great job team!

:BNC :BNC :BNC

Umesh,

thanks for the update!

Looking forward to the release!

Harry :-TU

Hi,
We made release today rather on 2nd Sep, 2008 :slight_smile:
Here is the post:
https://forums.comodo.com/comodo_vulnerability_analyzer/comodo_vulnerability_analyzer_version_11329_beta_released-t26547.0.html

Please check this out and let us know.

Thanks
-umesh