Comodo V5 Tested by eKaitse.ee

That’s good to know, thanks for the update :slight_smile:

I am not defending eK but it’s obvious that AV-Comparatives is an organisation that is focused at malware testing in professional level. About cav vs cis, I already said that the outcome would be the same. But yes, I agree that we should have tested cav. What’ done is done.

At the beginning, this test was not meant to be released in Enhlish anyway :slight_smile:

But do you know that CAV has automatic sandboxing and HIPS etc also? Only difference is the firewall module. And I already said that I allowed almost all firewall alerts. Test outcome would still be the same.

For me there was 3 “surprises” when I tested these products.

1. Norton performed badly
  2. Panda performed badly
  3. Vipre AV was actually really good

Ark built by an amateur, and professionals built the Titanic… :wink: Professionals will conduct a comparative test, does not guarantee anything in the future, and amateurs can personally for each suite conduct the “stress test”, after which you can personaly close the weak spot in your security solution.

Alex

Lord Ami, if not difficult, please collect statistics on the ratio of signed to unsigned samples, if anything will be tested in future. I searched the internet a similar, but not found.

Alex

Yes, i talk not necessarily about “quality” / skill but also about means, time and protocol O0

About the titanic, the family of the number 2 on the boat have deliver the secret (kept hidden so far to the investigation commission to avoid ruins of the titanic’s company) : the iceberg was seen some miles before the impact

It is a mistake, between the order and the action taken in the machine room, on the words “portside and starboard” that have different signification on a sailing boat and a vapor boat… They have simply turned in the bad direction

So it an human error, may be like a lot of infection :slight_smile:

No, the words are the same.

It’s the command itself moving the direction that is different.

Today wouldn’t even be such an issue with vapor or nuclear powered boats: you are making a route
to 2,7,0, and, like in aircrafts, the result of your command is monitored by computing means checking that the route is effectively 2,7,0,.

Yes, it is that i have tried to say :-TU

Yes I agree that CIS should be easier to use but still it provides very good protection for free. I prefer even some alerts do no alerts at all. Maybe that’s just me

At least user has the chance to block the malware even if he answers incorrectly.

And I have noticed that most non-whitelisted programs are just sandboxed (no HIPS alerts). CIS whitelist is growing and I’m sure that in future it will be friendlier with novice users.

Providing good proactive protection to novice users is not an easy task if you ask me.

+10000

I personally think that there will always be dissatisfied category of people…
When full protection without required participation will be developed, they sooner or later will fall on the so-called social engineering and begin scream “Hey I was deceived, why I was not warned that I’m stupid???” ;D and about the uselessness of the solution. Noob always stay noob unfortunately - need to learn to think a little :), otherwise nothing will help.

Alex

The thing is that every user has their opinions and everyone can’t be happy. Every product has its own flaws and well that’s fine. Software is improving all the time and you can’t rush things like that. Developing a good security product takes time and much money.

Forget about ekaitse, how about Matousec?

http://www.matousec.com/projects/security-software-testing-suite/ ??

Hey COMODO team, how about releasing CIS5 info to Matousec too?

CIS4 results were sure 10++
http://www.matousec.com/projects/proactive-security-challenge/results.php
Since I already read about leak test failures in this forum, then I’ll bet CIS5 will get 9pnts this time…

Btw, I live in Estonia and I’ve never heard about eKaitse.ee, never…
Estonia had a massive ping flood attack to all government sites, sites which btw were never visited anyway, dunno why russians attacked those sites instead of actually popular sites. But nobody could do anything and they still can’t do anything to defend themselves against plain ping flood.
Currently, companies, like Fazer and even all universities, even TÜ’s IT department suggests people to use Symantec. Why hasn’t TÜ heard anything about eKaitse.ee or its testing results?

Oh yeah, one guy gave me another site, which does independent tests, but I don’t know if they are trustworthy, but there’s no COMODO there, yet:
http://www.av-comparatives.org/

Because many users still believe AV alone is sufficient enough to protect them.

This is an EXCELLENT answer!

We are fighting the User perception that has been propogated by the Anti Virus industry.

Melih

+1

If they want they should compare CIS to the full security suite part of norton or kaspersky, not only the av part.

There’s already some tests…

https://forums.comodo.com/general-discussion-off-topic-anything-and-everything/i-hope-this-will-make-symantec-stop-spreading-misinformation-t63621.0.html

And he already explained himself about why he chose CIS, it was the same as CAV, he just disabled the firewall.
https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cis/comodo-v5-tested-by-ekaitseee-t62657.0.html;msg443015#msg443015

But I know you like KIS so what can I say…
Do some research. I did.