COMODO V3

I have the new version of comodo v3 which updated fromversion 2.4 I believe, I am finding version 3 very buggy, the shortcut icon does not work, I think comodo is having somesort of issue with Avira antivir as it seems slow to start up but if I disable antivir, comodo starts up fine.

my question is can I go back to the older version which I never had a problem with?

please can someone help me, I really like comodo 2.4 and think v3 could be great once the bugs are sorted out but at the moment I would rather use 2.4

You can’t update from v2 to v3; they are incompatible. If you want to go back to 2.4, uninstall v3 in safe mode, then install 2.4 again. You are running XP?

yes I am running xp, I have just noticed however that there was a newer version of v3 released on December 11. The update box never worked.

Should I try the newer version to see if this is better or just uninstall and go back to 2.4?

Yes, go to https://forums.comodo.com/help_for_v3/please_download_the_new_3014276_and_ask_for_help_on_that_version-t17016.0.html and download v3.0.14.276 and install according to the procedure there. For safest results, do an uninstall and reinstall instead of using the patch. The .276 version fixed a lot of annoying bugs that were discovered with the wider initial release of CFP3. The update box wasn’t one of the fixes, so ignore it. :wink:

thanks very much, I was considering going to another firewall for a second, but havent seen any I think are any good pheeeew :slight_smile:

I deleted the v3 I had and installed the new version 3, desktop icon work, it seems faster in learning mode too, still need to check it all out but looks good so far. :slight_smile: